Forum Member Get-together

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 27, 2007, 05:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Rudy Taylor

We're all birds of a feather. Sometime, let's just get together and forget stuff.

Actually, society would benefit if everybody would forget everything every night, don't you think?

Well, at least forgive.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

you know, Rudy, while "resting" my brain yesterday I thought of this very thing.  How nice it would be to have a forum reunion, here at the park, but everyone is so scattered, how would we do it.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

We are 20 hours from Howard, usually 2 days and a morning's drive. Al says he would happily come too, if its next spring or summer. This year would be tough. Get the closer people together soon for a "practice run."

Janet Harrington

Now, that would be fun.  We could maybe do it at the south park by the pool and maybe do it on a Saturday afternoon, say around 2:00.  It could be a covered dish, bring you table service and those of us close could furnish the drinks.

The biggest problem would be trying to figure out a Saturday that we all could do it.  Maybe a week or two after Labor Day.  You all give that some thought.

Mom70x7

If it's planned far enough in advance, most of us can adjust schedules, or make sure it's on our schedules. No last minute excuses.  :D

Teresa

I think that if it is done in advance.. and organized well.. it would be great fun.  :)
It would have to be "put on the calendar" so then you won't plan something else for that date.

I think it is a great idea and one that we should start working on.. if not for this year..
then maybe early next spring before it gets hot and the flies and mosquitoes want to join us. lol

Everyone will need to post their ideas and thoughts on this..
and please keep it to the topic at hand. :)

(I'll keep this topic stickied for awhile so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of everything else.)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Buddyboy

As crazy as our life is now, we may not be able to make it, but we would sure try. Sounds like a cool idea. We could put faces with names and such.

Joanna

A get-together sounds great.  I'll pitch in to help! 
Who's in charge?  One, two, three, NOT IT!  ;)  I'd be happy to be part of a small group to get it organized though, or just to take orders from someone.

Teresa

Giving orders? I LOVE to give orders.
Hup-2-3.. :D

I think a small get together would be a good idea to start off with. Have that first and then we can plan a big one in the spring. And plan it well enough in advance so that those who have to travel can have lots of time to prepare. We should have plans made for the big one at least by the first of the year.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

you need my help all u have to do is hollar
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk