MAY, Norman J. - b. May 6, 1910 - d. October 25, 1995

Started by Ole Granny, July 29, 2007, 01:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Norman J. May, 85, of El Dorado, KS, passed away Wednesday, October 25, 1995, at Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital.  Services were Saturday, October 28, at the First United Methodist Church in El Dorado.  Interment followed in Greenwood Cemetery in Eureka, KS.
  Norman was born May 6, 1910 at Elk County, KS, the son of John and Mary Elizabeth Monical May.  He had lived in El Dorado since April 1984, moving there from Wichita.  He received his Bachelor's Degree from Pittsburg State and his Master's Degree from Emporia State.  He taught in Elk, Chase and Greenwood Counties for 42 years, and was Assistant Administrator in Eureka at the time of his retirement in 1975.  He was a member of the First United Methodist Church. 
  On October 19, 1935, he married Melba Lyster at Burlington, KS.
  Survivors include his wife, Melba of the home; three sons, Karlton Mac May of Emporia, Lynn May of Maiden, NC, and Tony May of Okmulgee, OK; a daughter, Norma Jane Armagost of Wichita; six grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
  He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, (Johnnie), and one sister.
  Memorials in his memory for the First United Methodist Church or the El Dorado Alzheimer Support Group may be left at Carlson Funeral Home.
  Carlson Funeral Home of El Dorado, KS was in charge of arrangements.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

Some day I'm going to have to try to find out about my biological grandmother's death. I've never seen an obit on her. She was Alice Mathey Lyle Amberg  Sept. 27, 1892- March 6, 1923

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk