Longton Anyone?

Started by Carol (aka Nana 02), July 27, 2007, 07:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

It's the little things that touch me, like being called "our Rudy" by Janet.

I had to take off my glasses for a moment. Very nice.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

Had to scratch your eyes, huh? It's probably some kind of allergen.

< nof, nod >

That's it.

;)

Carol (aka Nana 02)

Yes Judy, it must of been 82 I did not stay to graduate but I would of in 82. Seems like she was just there just a  year or two before I left. Seems like maybe she became the step sister??? of Terry Croney? Please correct me if I am wrong. I also have family buried in Longton, my Grandma and my Uncle. Also my G-Mas 1st. husband is buried in Oak Valley. So nice to hear from some of you from the Longton area !

Carol (aka Nana 02)

Oh I just went and read the roll call post that someone has suggested, and she is who I remembered ! Now I cant wait to go back to roll call and do alot of reading and catching up! I also remember that where you guys lived at the time (and maybe still do ?) we used to live in that house. It was about a block off of main street and just a few houses down from what i remember being the old Pickett House,( the big white house on the corner with a white board fence around it) I am now back in contact with Darlia Pickett  she has moved about 10 miles from where I live now! I know for sure Robyn would remember her!

Judy Harder

Hi Nana, I would love to tell Robyn I share the forum with you.........(and others) but, don't remember seeing your name to tell her who you are.

I remember Darla well............they lived almost on the corner.
Yes we were Terry Croney's step-mother and step-sister I also have two boys you might have known too. Bob was a year older than Terry and Robyn and David was almost 2 years behind them.

Had 4 teenagers and boy did they keep me jumping.
Were did you live while here. You know we all remember places by the people who lived in them.
We have the Old Bell place, the house the judge lived in.........well, that is the way it goes.
Tell me more about you when you were here and I will share with Robyn when I talk to her.
Glad you are here.
Hugs and God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Carol (aka Nana 02)

My name is Carol  was Fox is now Baughman  I dont remember any street names but when your heading down Main St. you would turn right at( the old Kirtpatrick station ??) we lived about 2 blocks down on the right in the big yellow 2 story house (my Dad painted it that color) I think it was the Berrys that built a brick house  just accross the street from it??

Judy Harder

Hi Carol.

If you lived where I think you did, the house is empty and the next door neighbor, (Dan Ferguson) uses it for storage.

I didn't know it had been yellow. Now is white.

Seems each day goes by  another piece of property goes down here. There are a few nice homes......but  just as many that need lots and lots of work.

Still a very nice place to live. If you don't mind slow.........I love slow......LOL.
Glad to have you here.
Judy
Here I am Lord, use me!

Carol (aka Nana 02)

I have pictures of it we took 10-12 years ago while we were there it was still yellow then.  Maybe I will try to scan them and send it to you. I also went to school with Dan Fergeson & his sister Becky was a grade ahead of me.  The house was just this side of what used to be the HUGE pink house that at the time the Kaminskas lived in. It was on same side of street and if you were coming from the gas station it was the one before you got to the HUGE pink one!!  It sat right on the corner. Oh landmarks! LOL

Buddyboy

I think the huge house that you are talking about is what us kids called the "Gone with the Wind Mansion." My Aunt Alice Busby told me one time that she cleaned that house when she was younger. It had a gorgeous staircase in it. My dad said the hotel that I think just got tore down was quite the thing for awhile. I also remember that where the convenience store is on the highway used to be Roy Crawford's station. He was friends with my dad. We always seemed to have to gas up there.

Judy Harder

Carol.. The pink house that use to be the Kaminska's house has been painted white.
Richard and Avanel Rankin own it now. It does look like a "Gone with the Wind" house.

As for your house, it has been a rental for some time now. One time, I looked at the house to rent.
It wasn't in too good of shape then.......and with each renter it just got poorer and poorer.

As for the Mini-Mart........that is Kirk's (Kirkpatrick's) now, but it use to be Crawfords.
I can just hear the older Longtonites reading this ready to tell us what they remember.

Dan and Robyn were good friends and still are.

if I can answer any more questions, let me know.
Judy

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk