How Does Your Garden Grow?

Started by Diane Amberg, July 27, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

That elk steak was about the only bit of wild game that I have disliked. Maybe it wasn't the elk's fault.

I, too, love venison. Wild boar is excellent. I adore rattlesnake. I can't think of a game bird I don't like. When I lived in Las Vegas, I worked across the street from a restaurant called Papa Gar's. He was famous for the buffalo they served, but he also had quite a variety of other items: lion, giraffe, zebra, ostrich, emu, etc. The list went on forever.

flo

;D ;D ;D - just thinking about someone ordering the ostrich and saying "I'll just have a drumstick, please"
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

Rudy Taylor

Top that, Diane --- you Delaware sophisticate. Rattlesnake! Wild boar!  Emu!

But me? I still stop at Toots once a week and order a cheeseburger with mustard
and pickles. It's my idea of on-the-road gourmet dining.

I don't trust people who eat snakes. Gick.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Rudy, do you trust snakes who eat people?  I've tried quite a few interesting edibles but I stop short at bush meat. The last emu I saw was running up the road near here.  I didn't see anyone with a knife chasing after it yelling, "I want the drum stick," either.  :D

Janet Harrington

Eating at Toot's and Poplar are about the best in this whole wide world as far as I am concerned.  Anything at either place is fine.  However; I really like the large cheeseburgers and fries at Toot's and Wing Dings at Poplar.

emptynest

I'm with you, Janet.  My dad, retired game warden, used to fix all kinds of game.....I could handle pheasant, but the thought of other things just didn't set well. 

When I was growing up, we had a pet mallard duck, Elmer, for a number of years.  My mom and dad took our family to a Wild Game Feed at the Baptist Church and they were serving duck.......At that time, I was the oldest of 6 and I think all 6 of us starting bawling and had no appetite.  That night, Elmer slept with us.

Jo McDonald

Ohhhhhh Susan....that is soooooo funny -- Bless your heart, that must have been the worse night of that week for all of you.
I have cooked and we have eaten probably every wild game meat that is known to man.  Both of our girls loved wild game, and it is a good thing they did -- 'cause we sure ate a lot of it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

have eaten a lot of game, some good some not so good.  It's lots of times in how it is cut and prepared.  There are certain kinds of fish in our lakes and rivers that are not edible.  I have a recipe you should all try when cooking some fish other than cat, bass or crappie.  I'll post it on the recipes thread
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk