How Does Your Garden Grow?

Started by Diane Amberg, July 27, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

They are very good with chicken dripping gravy. I could have eaten a whole chicken (fried) with sweet taters and gravy and would have thought I had died and gone to heaven. Good stuff. Thanks for the memory of good food. with my sense of taste almost gone, I do enjoy remembering what things use to taste like.....

My taste is coming back. But, different foods taste better than others and most of the time it isn't what I use to eat.
But, I am cancer free, so that is a good thing......As Bonnie B would say.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

Cancer free is what we want to hear.  Hallelujah.

Jo McDonald

Well, Janet, girl --- for your info....I am one good SLICK TATER SLICER  !!!   And - you know what??? no mater how much I love you -- this nit pickin' stuff, just gives me the willies -- BUT I am so happy that you   "LEARNT" something on this thread.   hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha   Silly girl !!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

I believe I have what is known as the last rose of summer.  I found it the other day and first daughter cut it and brought it in.  I can't imagine there will be another, but that is what we thought when she brought in one 2 weeks ago.  Do any of you still have roses blooming this far north?  You'uns that live in the south don't count.

Dee Gee

I live just a little ways south of you but I have some beautiful red roses still blooming on the south side of our home
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

We haven't had frost yet, so I still have some nice roses and no bugs eating them. We stripped out the garden this afternoon, still have a few tomatoes, but the quality is falling off as the days grow shorter. That's ok, it's pumpkin pie time! :D

frawin

Diane, you must take after your Grandpa who was a big Gardener. When they moved to town they lived a block from my parents and they always raised a big garden.
Frank Winn

Rudy Taylor

We've still got some pink roses blooming in our yard at Caney.

Strange year, heh?
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

We had our first touch of frost on the garage roof last night.  I'm glad I brought the house plants inside. Not cold enough to kill anything, but a good reminder of what's to come eventually. I'm going to try to keep some herb pots going inside. We'll see.  Frank, I do love to garden and wish I could fit a bigger one here. We do get a lot out of a small area.

Wilma

That wasn't my last rose of summer after all.  I was out at the garage this evening and while I was waiting for first daughter to run the car into the garage, I looked around a bit.  Out by the alley I spotted some spots of white.  The miniature white rose that is out there was blooming again, along with what I would call a miniature peppermint rose.  The last roses of summer is now in a vase in my house. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk