How Does Your Garden Grow?

Started by Diane Amberg, July 27, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

DeeGee, if I lived close enough I would sure enough stop by and get a small one.  I love baked sweet potatoes.  I always order one if we go to a restaurant that serves them!  My husband isn't fond of them, but I do.  Since we'll be moving closer to where you are, maybe I can have one next year!!

Myrna

Dee Gee

Myrna, I have quite a few this year but last year I didn't have any, but I have more to give away at this time.  My better half cooks them with a steamer and then just heats them up in the microwave with a little butter and brown sugar, and they are sure good.  But I don't understand why Frank and Fred don't like sweet potatos is it just a man thing?
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

Al loves sweet potatoes, cooked in the microwave, a little butter, skins and all.

Teresa

Ewww.. the thought of them makes me shudder. I hate them!  :P
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Jim and I eat them for the fiber.  It is one thing that Jim can eat which is better for him then white potatoes.  I just wash them, cut out any bad spots, wrap them in a paper towel, and then microwave them.  Excellent.

frawin

I love them stuffed in baked apples.  Myr grandmother always  made them at Christmas time.  They are yummy.
DeeGee, I don't know why Fred and Frank don't like them either.  Mom fixes them in the microwave and seasons them like your wife does.  Anyway, if you have any next year, maybe I can get up and beg one!!

Janet Harrington

Does anybody remember Gin Smith, wife of Fritz Smith?  She used to have a fantastic receipe for sweet potatoes.  I used it once, then promptly lost the receipe.  This receipe used half and half when baking.  I loved it.  Just wished I had the receipe again.  Can't get it from her unless I hold a seance. 

frawin

I remember her, but don't have her recipe.  She was a good cook as was her mother, Mollie Flory.  Doubt that Bill woul have it, either.  Trying to think who lived around her that might still be living.  I'll work on it.

Myrna

Teresa

She and Mama were best friends for quite a long many years.
I will ask her to be sure and check here and see if she has it.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

That would be fantastic.  Mostly I remember using half and half in the dish.  Thanks everyone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk