How Does Your Garden Grow?

Started by Diane Amberg, July 27, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

I think I had moose in Canada, a long time ago. That memory is trying to get loose and come to the surface. I guess if I did, it wasn't memorable. Or at least not as memorable as what was going on at the same time.

;)

Rudy Taylor

I'm still trying to picture Empty Nest sleeping with that duck.

I'm not a dirty old man, mind you --- I just seem to get stuck on such scenes when I hear about them.

May I ask questions?  Naw, I guess not. You were just kids.  And, yes, it was a touching story.  Tell
more of them, OK?
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

yes, please,emptynest ...How did you happen to have a pet mallard?

Janet Harrington

Rudy Taylor

And that makes it OK to sleep with a duck? I'm gonna call Bill O'Reilly!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Janet Harrington

Oh My Gosh.  What a story that would make?

By the way, Rudy, I got the paper tonight and I loved the place where you put LTC. Green's story.  I hope you get good comment on that. 

Diane Amberg

Is that a right wing duck or a left wing duck?

emptynest

As it started out, we had 2 mallards that were given to my mom.  From what I remember, my dad had nothing to do with us getting them.  But the very first day we had them, one got killed by a neighborhood dog.  That just left little Elmer and we started right then and there to baby him.  We brought him into the house--he slept nights in the utility room.  He grew into a beautiful mallard complete with the green head and the greyish brown feathers.  He traveled with us across state in a wooden crate when we would go back to western and northern Kansas to visit our grandparents.  He was quite the pet for 6 kids.  But he was mean to my 3 sisters.  And before you knew it, the highway patrolman, who was a dear friend of our family, put up a sign in our front yard, that said "BEWARE OF MAD DUCK!"  Elmer picked his victims very carefully---especially girls.  He would run after them with his head 'ducked' down and go for their ankles.  Once he got them, he would pinch and twist.  Walking traffic ceased to exist on our street or alley for some time.  But as for me and brothers, never once did he attempt to pinch or bite.  As for him sleeping wtih us, it was a real treat.  But then, he didn't think like a duck.  He even took his baths in the middle of our waxed hardwood floors.  (more later)

flo

this is back to "How does your garden grow?"

HOW TO PLANT YOUR GARDEN

FIRST, come to the garden alone
while the dew is still on the roses

PLANT 3 ROWS PEAS
  1. Peace of mind
  2. Peace of Heart
  3. Peace of Soul

PLANT FOUR ROWS SQUASH
  1. squash gossip
  2. squash indifference
  3. squash grumbling
  4. squash selfishness

PLANT FOUR ROWS LETTUCE
  1. Let us be faithful
  2. Let us be kind
  3. Let us be patient
  4. Let us love one another

NO GARDEN WITHOUT TURNIPS
  1. Turn up for meetings
  2. Turn up for services
  3. Turn up to help one another

ALL GARDENS MUST INCLUDE THYME
  1. Time for each other
  2. Time for family
  3. Time for friends

WATER FREELY WITH PATIENCE AND LOVE. 
THERE IS MUCH FRUIT IN YOUR GARDEN, BECAUSE
YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW !
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

That's the best kind of garden there is. Thanks Flo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk