Cartoons

Started by kdfrawg, July 26, 2007, 10:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Does she have TB too?  ( tiny bladder)

kdfrawg

And that's odd, since our daughter can wait almost forever. For some reason I can wait forever plus a little while. That came in handy when I was driving back and forth across the country a lot. My MO was to stop every four hundred miles. At that stop, I tried to fill my gas tank, empty my tank, re-fill my thermos with coffee, and get two McDonald's cheeseburgers.

It's not that I like McDonald's cheeseburgers, really. It is just that there is absolutely no danger of any component of a McDonald's cheeseburger ever coming loose regardless of how much you move it around while you eat and drive. It may be the safest road food ever, although certainly not the best, if you don't want to stop and eat, yet don't want dinner all over the interior and yourself.

;)

Diane Amberg

kdfrawg

Then there's the Walmart crowd...

kdfrawg

A new life motto for yours truly!

Diane Amberg

That one has been around for years, and I laugh every time I see it.

dandymomma

Quote from: Kermit on August 01, 2007, 06:54:51 PM
Then there's the Walmart crowd...

I first discovered Wal-Mart when we lived in Altus, OK. Sunday early afternoons were the WORST time to go shopping. The thing to do was to put on your Sunday best, go to church and then take a family outing to Wal-Mart. Believe me, when everyone is wearing suits and dresses with hats, when you show up in a pair of sweats and a flannel shirt, you definately feel out of place. :)

kdfrawg

Well, Amber, I can't vouch for the selection or quality of the Dollar Palace, but I'm pretty sure I would feel more at home there on Sunday morning than I would with the fancy set at Walmart. I'm believe that people go home and change first in Lawrence, judging from the folks in the parking lot here. Fact is, some of them don't look like they have been home since Saturday.

;)

Janet Harrington

At the Independence Wal-Mart, Sunday, right after church is a terrible time to shop.  Everyone does come in their Sunday clothes to shop.  If you go in jeans and a T-shirt, you feel dowdy.

kdfrawg

I remember it was a big deal to go out and have breakfast after church in Omaha. I remember the same thing in Columbus, OH, in the period that I was there most of the time. Every Village Inn, Bob Evan's, Denny's, Perkins, and all those would be full with people waiting out the door. The only place you could go and actually eat was at the Waffle House.

;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk