:(

kdfrawg

Medications, yikes!

Wilma

Ain't it the truth?

MarineMom

ouch that hits home  :laugh:

kdfrawg

I inherited a sensitivity to drugs from my father. There are not all that many I can take without getting whacked big-time by the side-effects. The worst time in my life was when, after my cancer operation, I had a systemic staph infection that they found, then ignored. So the violent shaking in my hands, the huge (almost strangling) facial tic, the inability to stand up, etc. were all chalked up to my MS.

So they kept prescribing more and more neurological drugs while I got more and worse symptoms. I finally wound up in the emergency room in an ambulance, where one of the new, young doctors discovered the staph infection. Later, my own doctor told me that he had been told that I wouldn't have lived another 12 hours outside of a hospital. As it was, it was nip and tuck for six days.

Drugs are not my friend.

Diane Amberg

You sure have had a time of it. I'm so sorry. Al was diagnosed with Lyme disease AGAIN a couple of weeks ago. So he's on strong antibiotics for 40 days. Once again we caught it early. It is an awful disease. Thank goodness, we have a great Doc who has respect for our medical backgrounds. I suspected Lyme both times and the blood tests proved me right. He can really relate to that cartoon too. Unfortunately hospital infections are becoming more and more common. You may go out with more than you came in with!

kdfrawg

That has certainly worked out for me.  :o

Yikes! I'm glad your doctor is on the ball. I had a great friend when I lived in Lenexa that just suddenly started to come unglued. His doctor could not figure out what the problem was. TWO YEARS LATER, after Bill had the worst of both Parkinsons and MS, he finally figured out it was Lyme. It was a little late by then!

I'm sure glad that Al got diagnosed quickly. That stuff is nasty!

Diane Amberg

I know you read a lot, so you may already know about  this, but there is some thought that Lyme may be an escapee from Operation Paperclip.

kdfrawg

Well, THAT would be enough to piss off a saint!

>:(

kdfrawg

I think this is pretty much the way my wife views travelling.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk