Kansas Weather is At It Again..

Started by Teresa, December 22, 2007, 12:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

What a wonderful idea on the watering tub. I'll have to try to rig up something like that.
I make cinnamon rolls with sugar and icing etc.. but these I made for my sister and I ( our sugar intolerance) without sugar.. but with lots of cinnamon and butter rolled up in them. It is like an unsweetened yummy cinnamon bread.. and I have to say that they floated off the plate they were so fluffy and light. No kidding.. I believe I got the best batch ever. I kind of changed my recipe ( in my head ) a little bit and it is perfect. And yes, I DO remember how I made them. LOL
If Sherri and I eat all of them, we will be very fluffy and not too light ..   :D
We ordered out tonight and Kjell walked over and got our food, ( it is just half a block in the alley and down the sidewalk to Poplars) where we sat in the living room and ate it and watched the movie Elf. None of us had ever seen it . It was cute.
Both cats are in tonight. I hate to have them in all night ( I don't trust them) buuuut it is so cold out and they both have been outside and hopefully done their duties. Tiger who is 3, is in my lap right now.. and will move into the living room later on I am sure.. and Sheeba is under our bed all curled up and snoring. She is 17 yrs old and her belly hangs way down and she snores like a rabid buffalo..  ;D For the most part, as late as it is, once they are asleep , they will stay asleep.

Sister is in bed and so is Kjell..so it is just me and some quiet for awhile. Think I will go take a hot shower and call it a night too.
She wants pancakes in the morning, and I told her I would make them... then I think we may go pick up Mason for a bit and just mess around. Hopefully the bad weather is gone and it will be clear tomorrow.
Well.. sweet dreams...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

well, believe it or not I slept through most of our "weather".  Have the awful awful and the pills are doing their job, but I still slept most of the last 48 hrs.  Do feel some better this morning.  Still "blowing and coughing" but pretty sure now I will live.  :)  Seen this morning that things outside are white  :-\ I'm one of those that don't really care if I have a white Christmas.  Just hoping I feel well enough to enjoy the first gathering tomorrow with Marvin's Family.  My family won't be here till next weekend and sounds like another "winter storm" may be here by then.  Hope not, as it has been so long since I've seen some of them.  Joanna, your backsplash looks great.  Teresa, if you should hook up your dogsled, you might head this direction with some of those cookies and rolls, if you don't mind.  My baking today will be just an applecake and make a cheese ball for tomorrow. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Roma Jean Turner

The sun is shining here in Wichita and it is about 28 degrees, wind chill is 20.  Since our family progressive dinner got canceled yesterday we are heading out to do it today.  Tuesday will be the non-progressive dinner here at my step sister's.  I'll be checking in with you all about the weather.  I was going to go home Wednesday (Springfield, MO), but it sounds like another big storm will be coming through.  I may have to "out run it".  It's fun to have a white Christmas.

frawin

It's been a busy day here today  I made waffles and Frank fixed the ham.  He cleaned the driveway of snow so the ice underneath could melt!  I have done a little unpacking, but made sugar-free chocolate chip cookies, and a batch of sausage balls.  Will made sugar-free Millionaire Pie a little later.  Still don't have everything in my kitchen restocked since we moved and I forgot that I need cream cheese!  I'm going to fix bar-b-que hot dogs, and we are going to have "finger food" tonight.  Celery, carrots, and a lot of fruit! 

The sun is shining very bright today and the snow is melting!  yeah!

Myrna

archeobabe

How about posting the recipes for sugar free chocolate chip cookies and the millioniare pie??  They sound pretty good.

frawin

Archeobabe, go to the recipe section and you will find the recipes for sugar free chocolate chip cookies and millionaire pie.  They really are pretty good.

archeobabe

Thank you I didn't think about going to the recipe section. :o :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk