Another Question

Started by Wilma, July 25, 2007, 02:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I wish there were a category just for questions for information. 

My question now is:  Is there any place a person can buy good fabric for sewing clothes?  I have been to Hancock's and JoAnne's in Wichita and don't like what I find there.  I am still living in the 1950's when I sewed almost everything my girls wore and most of my own.  Would like to be making my own pants and shirts so they would fit better.

Dee Gee

Try the Alco Store in Eureka or Fredonia, they seem to have a good selection.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Rhonda

If you're ever headed to Iola on Wednesday through Saturday, there's a wonderful little place north on the old highway.  It's called Price's Fabric's.  It's right across the road from the Allen County College Farm.  They converted their garage into a little  fabric store.  Mary has anything you might need and very reasonably priced.  If she doesn't have it, she'll get it for you.  Fabric, needles, thread, scissors, sewing machines, ribbon, elastic, quilt batting, the list goes on and on.

Not only do they have great fabric her husband is a sewing machine repair wonderman!! And he can sharpen your shears too.

All this and a fabulous couple that always have smiles on their faces and remember you the next time you come in.

kdfrawg

This place should go in the Elk County Guidebook.

Wilma

Thanks for the info.  I'll try to check that out sometime this summer or fall.

Diane Amberg

How goes "roof quest?''

Wilma

waiting for estimate and hoping.

Wilma

Question??? ??? ???

Does anyone still use a tablecloth for holiday tables?  I mean the table where everyone takes their plate to sit down to eat.  I try to but the little ones always have trouble with the cloth, dragging it down and it is in the way.  I feel that the table top needs some protection besides being more festive.  If you have time, tell me what you do. ???

Teresa

Sometimes we take duct tape and take each side and tape it underneath the table which leaves you with a nice tight fully covered table with nothing hanging off the sides and no one is the wiser as the tape can't be seen.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

I have a table cloth that I have used every Christmas since the girls were little.  It's kind of a tradition.  My family has gotten so big with in-laws, out-laws, and those that just seem to show up, that the adults and older grandchildren use the dining table and I put up a card table with Christmas placemats for the little ones.  Seems to work just fine.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk