Guidebook for Howard

Started by Mom70x7, July 24, 2007, 05:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

That's better, Janet.  For a moment there I thought there was something wrong with you.

Janet Harrington

Me, too, Mama.  There for a minute I was almost...........NORMAL!!!!

kdfrawg

Rudy Taylor

Not a chance, Janet.  We wouldn't like you if you were normal, whatever that is.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

Normalcy is vastly over-rated.
-- Kermit, 2007

Roma Jean Turner

I would also like to know of any antique shops  in the area, especially any that have old
photos.  I'm always looking for old family photos and hand painted china done by my g grandmother Elting.  I know my Dad sold a bunch of that stuff in a garage sale in 1960.  You never know what will may turn up.

kdfrawg

And I would be sort of interested in how folks feel about the Beaumont Hotel in, naturally, Beaumont. It just looks interesting.

Teresa

It is a great Idea~! :)
I will add pictures if everyone thinks it would be a good addition.
All of this will take a bit to do, but it would be a very nice addition and I am sure utilized a lot by people wanting to check out our town.
I know that I always look online for all the information and pictures etc of a new place when we travel.... so something like this would be super for our county. I can help gather pics and information about Howard. Maybe we can find someone to gather the same for Moline, Longton..and I know that Severy and Sedan  isn't in Elk County but it might be good to add a section on "the surrounding towns" ? ( Just an idea)
Guess we will see how the Elk County one goes first.. LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

I think the pictures would be a incredibly necessary, so thanks!!!

We just need to know what y'all want. So far, I've got this list:

Beaumont Hotel
     Beaumont
     Shops that sell antiques: Heritage House
     Old Photo sources
     Hand painted china by E Elting
     Elk County Courthouse
     Libraries: Howard
          Moline
          Others
     Museums: Shafer (Moline)
          Benson (Howard)
          Gragg (Howard)
     Motels / B&Bs: Silver Bell (Longton)
          Cattle Baron Inn (Howard)

What else do you want? The city offices of each town? Which towns?

Cemetery locations?

Old schools? Towns?

If someone will get me the information, I'll put it together - with Teresa's pictures - and we'll have our guidebook. (after Janet's proofreading)

I'm a much better editor than I am a writer. I can compile better than I originate. So Elk Countians . . . what do we need to brag about and show off?

Roma Jean Turner

Locations of the cemetaries and the name of a contact person. I believe we already have that for one of the Moline Cemetaries posted on the site, can't recall off hand exactly which category. Thanks, this is exciting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk