Guidebook for Howard

Started by Mom70x7, July 24, 2007, 05:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

afternoon
I just heard about this thread from Bonnie.........hadn't come in here yet, today.
I could help with Longton.
We do have a motel..........there is a B&B at Elk Falls, but someone else will need to find out the stats about that one....I just think I know who owns and runs it..........nothing else.
I am not sure what is needed, but if I can help, ask and I will tell you if that is something I can do.

Most of what I hear is gossip learned at cafe and whatever is told at church.
let me know if I can help.
I will do my best.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Bonnie M.

Thank you, Judy, for offering to submit information for Longton.  I'm sure there are others who could help out with that.  Good idea!
Bonnie

Mom70x7

How absolutely wonderful!!!

Keep that information coming in - I've got quite a list going.

greatguns

Sounds great.  I might want to take my vacation in this very area.  Don't laugh.  It sounds wonderful and the money I would save on gas.

Diane Amberg

Perhaps Masonic Lodges and service groups, the fire companies, Doctors, Dentists, the schools and sports teams names. Places for bowling, golf, miniature golf, fishing, target shooting or paint ball, archery, tennis. 4-H, Girl and Boy Scouts.

sixdogsmom

Don't forget the social groups such as the American Legion and what they do, The Moline Musical and Literary Club, I think there is a red hat group, etc. The youth groups should be included also, 4H and FFA as well as the church groups and the athletic groups, wrestlers, bball and baseball, football, track etc. Rodeo and demolition derbys too. The annual celebration that each town has, Crazy Days in Moline, Elk River in Howard, etc.
Edie

Mom70x7

I'm keeping track - and have quite a list going. Thanks, everyone!

I ran out of time today to sort it - I ended up having to do kids today.

Keep the ideas coming, they're all terrific.

Flintauqua

Folks, you need to go over to the courthouse or city office and see if they have any of the "Elk County Directory of Businesses and Services" that I did while I was Economic Development Director for Elk County.  I put it together along with help from members of the now defunct ECCFED (Elk County Committee For Economic Development)  Its a couple years out of date now, but could be updated rather easily, especially if I can remember where the zip disk with the Excel version of it is.  I will do some looking around here, and up in Moline when I'm there next. 

If the city and county clerks offices don't have any extras left, there could be some laying around in what used to be my office, up in the law library at the courthouse.  Knowing how long it takes things to change in Elk County, I'd put money on that office not changing much since I left 18 months ago.  They are basically a "yellow pages" for the county done up in three prong folios, with a few advertisements (thats how we covered the cost) and a state transportation dept map of Elk County with the 911 road names typed in on it.

Some of you may even have one of them somewhere!!  I distributed over 1000 of them all over the county!

Wilma

I got one of those one day when I was needing some services and didn't know where to look.  The City Clerk sent me to the County Clerk's office.

I am thinking this will be a really neat thing to have available online so that people from far away can look us over.  And I am volunteering to help with the proof reading.  I am like an eagle with mispelled words.

Mom70x7

I thought I had one - and was planning on using some of that information.

In a file would be wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Quotezip disk with the Excel version

Would be even better!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk