Favorite Sound

Started by Ole Granny, July 22, 2007, 09:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Around noon yesterday, my computer decided it needed a break.  Nothing I did would correct the problem.  After stressing for several hours, I called the cable company.  They could do nothing because the modem was not responding. 
Scheduled an appointment for 1:00 - 3:00 today.  My future grandson-in-law called this morning and walked me through the problem.  These were things I had already tried but with his assistant it worked.  i am on line again. 

My favorite sound must be his voice on the phone or the sound of the computer connecting. 
Amazing how much we depend on the computer.  I even had to get the phonebook out yesterday.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

kdfrawg

I totally agree. Once you get used to it, you find that it can take the place of so many real-life items. You can find almost anything using one and the capacity to store things in them is almost endless. Sometimes I think that my memory problems stem from having everything in the computer and I therefore subconsciously feel that I don't need to remember those things any more. I can just look them up when I need to!

Joanna

Yeah, me too, that's why I don't remember anything.  Only it started in grade school when I figured out I could look up anything I needed in the library.  (That's my story & I'm sticking to it.)

My favorite sound is birds singing in the morning while I'm having coffee.

Janet Harrington

My husband's breathing.

A baby sleeping.

My mother talking.

I could go on and on and on.

The sound of my own words.  LOL

MarineMom

children playing

snowfall

the breeze in the trees

Wilma

Really, Janet, "my mother talking"?  What are you wanting?

My favorite sound:

daughters singing
piano music
all the little sounds that mean things are working all right.
not a favorite sound:  telephone ringing

Rudy Taylor

Echoes resounding across a small town in the autumn.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Ole Granny

This brought back memories of sleeping with the windows open while being lulled to sleep with the sound of pumping oil rigs in the background.  Very calming .  We did not own the rigs. :'(
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

emptynest

In the late summer, the locusts.
The sound of the board bouncing at the pool and the children's laughter.
When I pick up the phone, and hear, "Hi, Mom"
Organ music played as a prelude at church
Birds chirping
Waking up to it raining
Old familiar songs from my youth that immediately take me back to where I was the first time I heard them.
The sounds of my home.

MarineMom

church bells across the fields on a sunday morning

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk