WORSE SMELL EVER ....

Started by desertlilydarla, July 22, 2007, 10:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

It does seem a little ghoulish. And the memories that it invokes are not exactly good ones. So I would be perfectly happy to put this topic in the dead letter bin. See, I couldn't resist a bad pun even in this situation. I don't know what to do with me.

Ole Granny

My grandfather loved Linburger cheese.  My grandmother would not let him bring it into the house.  But he put some leftover in his lunch bucket, brought it in the house after it had been setting out all day. Grandma opened it and That was a powerful smell and of course, there is always stink bait.  My dad could make the stinkiest (is that a word?)  I'm sure I will be corrected. ;D
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

dandymomma

My husband and I moved to Oklahoma when Andy was only 22 months old. My husband was training at Altus AFB for 3 months. Toward the end of his training period we had learned that Grandma had died. We decided that we would drive up to Howard, then cut accross the state, eventually hook up with Interstate 5 and head North back to Washington. After the funeral, and visiting with relatives, we got in the car and started our journey. We were headed West on 54 and just as we got into the Oklahoma pan handle, the stench hit us. I don't know how many beef processing plants there are along that stretch, but the smell was soooo bad I would have guessed about 100. My poor little boy was retching in the back seat and I was pretty close to loosing my cookies too. Yuck!!!!

Diane Amberg

Down state Delaware ( also known as lower,slower Delaware) is very rural and raises a kajillion chickens. So, it follows that there are hatcheries and chicken processing plants. A few years ago, the state made them clean up and now they somehow compost the waste and the smell is pretty much gone.

kdfrawg

I would be overjoyed if they would teach that technique to Kansas pig and cow raisers.

Yup, I would.

;D

MarineMom

A few years ago they started experimenting with a cactus (Yucca I think ???) that absorbs odors, they were hoping it would grow around hog and feedlot lagoons and take away the stench. Never heard what came of it :'( but my nose tells me it either did not work or they are still working on it

kdfrawg

At the very least, it would be appropriate, and not without a certain poetic irony, if the answer to all those horrible feed lot smells was something called "yucca." After all, people have been saying "yucky" about them for years.

;D

Diane Amberg

jima444

I am trying to contact W. Gray.  Please send me an email at jima444@yahoo.com, regarding 7th Finance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk