Cute and Clever Pets

Started by Wilma, July 22, 2007, 08:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherri

Curt had put the foot stool to Tania's chair up in the chair to vacuum and when he put the vacuum up he came back and here is where OP Lee decided to take a nap.
He is such a funny cat and sometimes I think he is more human than cat.. ( He thinks so too)
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Teresa

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, THEN smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Kjell H.

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
(That's why they call it "furniture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

(Actually, I don't like hair on my clothes either, and when Teresa and I had Doby, we were vacuuming the divan constantly. We finally put a throw over one side, and he learned that it was HIS side.  :)
Tiger and Sheeba are inside sometimes. They eat inside and then maybe they will take a nap, but then they want back outside.
( We STILL vacuum a lot  :P )

Marshal Halloway

Ole Granny

The last cat I had was an old calico, Poppy.  She ruled.  I could mop my kitchen floor and she would walk across it and clean herself for twenty minutes.  When I vacuumed, I would have to pick up her tail and vacuum around her.  She would look at me like I was really disturbing her.  As a Mama cat she was the greatest and would care for any kitten anytime.  Furniture or counters she would not get on.  She knew she did not belong there.  Never had to teach her either.  She enjoyed the outside but always came inside if she needed a potty break.  Never missed the litter box.  One time I cleaned the litter box out and found I was out of fresh litter.  The day was busy and I soon forgot about the litter box.  Late that night (morning) arriving home from work, Poppy let me know I had forgotten the litter box.  My husband went to the grocery store immediately to buy litter.  Poppy only liked one kind of litter and my husband, of course, bought the wrong kind.  I filled the litter box with it anyway.  This cat looked at me and the box, turned and walked to the living room.  It was very obvious that she was about to burst. Back she came to the litter box, looked at it again, then me and turned starting back to the living room.  She took about 5 steps and jumped straight back into the box.  Relieved herself and ran through the house like a wild cat.  Then straight back to the litter box where she again relieved herself.  She was one happy cat.  Still she wanted her regular litter after that.  She is missed.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

kfclark

Wilma, maybe it was because I was already rolling with laughter from Kjell's cat bathing entry, but I really found your story just as funny.
QuoteI had opened a can of mackeral and thinking it would be a treat for the mere one, I drained some of the juice and put it down for the baby.  She loved it, she lapped it, she bathed in it and perhaps thought that a trip behind the refrigerator would dry her off some.  Anyway, she was filthy and nothing but a soap and water bath would do the job.
I can just picture that fishy-smelling, dust covered kitten.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Diane Amberg

All these stories are delightful. I'm enjoying every one of them.

Judy Harder

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't and may decide you need one. Could be a dog or a cat or whatever it is that you love (This came to me in an email............it is sweet and just fits this thread. NO the animal isn't mine, but I wish
Hugs and God bless Judy

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog, Lucky.  Lucky was a real character.
Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they  would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would
help himself to whatever struck his fancy. Inevitably, someone would forget and something would come up missing. Mary or Jim would go to
Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's favorite toys. Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy
box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease, she was just sure it was
fatal.  She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding  her shoulders.

The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky. A thought struck her...what would happen to Lucky? Although the
three-year-old dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through.  If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought. He won't understand that I didn't want to leave him. The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks. Jim took Lucky
for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital. When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom. Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap.

Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called.
It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed. When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong. She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot.  But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem.  She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned!

While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life.
He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying. Instead she and Lucky began living again, walking further and further together every night.

It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free. Lucky? He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his
greatest treasure.

Live everyday to the fullest. Remember it is a blessing from God.

The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the
most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones
that care.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind
of battle."

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest
to God.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

Kevin, not only was she a very dirty kitten, she was a very dirty white kitten.  She was the grandchild of a white cat I had given a lady on the other side of town.  The lady had always wanted a white cat and she said she would take the momma and all the kittens.  One of the kittens was a white tom, that had a whirlwind courtship with a Siamese cat.  My white kitten was one of the offspring.  She lived with us for several years, was not allowed outside and became my inspiration for declaring "never again, a cat that can't go outside" and see what I have now.

I love these stories.  Pets are so endearing and so much a part of the family.  I wish everyone could have one and care for it in the proper way.  Only then do they become true loyal friends.

Which reminds me, Joanna, have you told us about Princess yet?

Roma Jean Turner

:angel:

Now I lay me down to sleep
and pray the Lord my impulses to keep.
For if again I chew Mom's computer cord,
I know I will inherit the wrath of the Lord.

Chloe (The Jack Russell :angel:) Turner

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk