Cute and Clever Pets

Started by Wilma, July 22, 2007, 08:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Janet Harrington

I think that they should be called adopted dogs.  Adopted cats.  It was the shelter that "rescued" the dog and/or cat and you, the care giver, adopted the dog and/or cat.

Actually, let's just call them family and be done with it.

Jo McDonald

Here in Indepepdence, KS there is an agency  A W O L   standing for Animals with out Love.  Isn't that nice?   Makes me smile just to know there is such a nice place to take animals that can be adopted, or reclaimed if they happen to have wandered away from their home.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

You keep handing me these things and I just can't leave them alone. Jo, you really put the "pep" in Independence.

kdfrawg

You know, I think we may have found the perfect editor for the Elk County Guide.

;D

Diane Amberg

Nah, I think Janet said she would do it, and she's there.

kdfrawg

But you are so sharp of eye!

Diane Amberg

That's 20/20 in one and 20/15 in the other....do need reading glasses though. I really do miss some, but I am a pretty good proof reader, guess it was from correcting papers for so long.

Wilma

I have to tell you about the latest thing Bud is doing.  He has never been great on toys, preferring something alive at the other end of a string.  He has discovered a strip of rubber that moves when someone closes the front door.  When anyone is getting ready to leave, he positions himself beside the door and waits for them to close it.  Then he goes after that tail as if it were a mouse (which I don't think he has ever even seen) trying to get away from him.

Another thing he has recently done is he found a way to get on my sewing machine and on that sewing machine there was a little ball of red yarn.  Now the yarn is strung out on the floor waiting for me to roll it back into a ball so he can play with it again.  I hear him sometimes at night throwing that ball around until it comes unwound, then he is through with it.

Diane Amberg

That is so cute! It's nice that Bud,( how old?), can amuse himself like that. Our previous cat could do that too. We got him in summer 1972, as the rains from Hurricane Agnes were just beginning. We named him Drizzle, and he finally died of kidney failure in Dec. 1993. He would wander the house at night finding things to do. Our door stops were on springs and he loved to make them go "sproing-ng-ng-g.'' The cat we have now much prefers to be entertained by us, and he will do anything he can to make his wishes known. He walks on the piano keys, the computer keys, sits in the middle of whatever Al is doing, takes the newspaper away from him, and herds us around to show us where he wants us to go. Does Bud play with twist ties?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk