Cute and Clever Pets

Started by Wilma, July 22, 2007, 08:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

AAhhhhhh~~~ Bring that baby inside where  it's warm....
Isn't that precious...

When we had Doby.. we also took in a kitten that had no home..
( I know I know... we're soft hearted suckers)

Here is what happened ............
I had to share my bed with 3 other "beings".. LOL

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

What a precious picture.........As I look at this picture tonight, I am in a motel room in Ponca City, OK.  I will not have my little pups to cuddle with tonight. I will miss them.

Jo McDonald

Kermit, there is a cat in our park that was left alone when we had to evacuate because of the flood, and she is almost identicial to the one in your picture.  She is beautiful and with the big full fluffy tail that is all black and then the calico markings.  
 In the evenings she goes to the self pay booth, jumps up in there and sleeps.  
How anyone could leave her here alone, is beyond me.  
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

Maybe you are supposed to take her in and provide her with a home and love and attention and some day she will give it all back to you with a bonus.  Maybe 3 or 4 or 5 just as pretty as she must be.

Jo McDonald

You may be right, Wilma.  I tried to touch her one day, but she was very wary -- I am sure she was still in the thros of being alone.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

The way that water was, that cat had to work very hard just to get where it is! I rather imagine if it could talk, it would have some tales to tell. Don't you wish animals could talk?

Roma Jean Turner

:laugh:I have thought that myself.  Then I think about how the decibel level
in my home would increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And all those questions I would have to answer.

kdfrawg

LOL! You are undoubtedly right. We only have the one dog, but I would guess that Tucker has a million stories (he's a rescue dog) and two million questions.

Diane Amberg

Is your dog a rescue dog or a rescued dog. Aetna has a search and rescue dog and I have a rescued cat.

kdfrawg

For some reason, the term "rescue dog" is used (among us civilians) for a dog which has been rescued and adopted. People in your trade, Diane, have apparently co-opted that phrase for the dogs which you employ in rescues. Properly, of course, the dogs to which you are referring should be called "rescuer dogs" or "rescuing dogs", while those to which I was referring should properly be called "rescued dogs." Phraseology being what it is, both are referred to, improperly, as "rescue dogs," which is probably not even good English.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Tucker is a rescued dog.

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk