Favorite Smell

Started by Janet Harrington, July 21, 2007, 01:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

But the words "cancer free" do smell good and taste good and look good and sound good. All your senses should rejoice at those words. Congratulations.

Jo McDonald

BLESS YOU, JUDY --- YOU DESERVE ALL THE BRAGGING THAT YOUR LITTLE HEART DESIRES TO DO

GO FOR IT GIRL --- BRAG AWAY !!!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

Speaking of which, my friend Missy, half of a couple that I have coffee with twice a week, had a lumpectomy (turned out to be more of a chunk-ectomy) yesterday, and we had coffee today! She was doing just great! Missy is 80. Her husband Harold is 76 or 77. He was an engineering professor and department head at KU. The surgeon is sure he got all of it, took pretty aggressive margins, and the biopsies were all negative. We had one collective sigh of relief at coffee.

I'm glad you're doing well, Jane. For some reason, my taste buds changed after abdominal cancer surgery! There's some things that used to be my favorites that still don't taste right. I well imagine that your experience with it was much worse. It's great to hear your positive attitude and words!

flo

I am so happy for you people.  My husbands cancer was untreatable, uncurable.  As of a few weeks ago they still have no idea where it comes from, what causes it and no treatment or cure.  The name of it was Malignant Fiberious Hystiocytoma.  Do know it is hereditery (sp)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

I just looked that up, flo. I had never heard of it before. That sounds like very nasty stuff. I am very sorry that it happened that way. I remember my sisters husband was diagnosed with an odd form of cancer and died just five weeks later. It can happen so fast and that is not at all fair. I guess all I can say is that I wish it hadn't happened. I'm sorry if our posts upset you.

Michael

flo

frawg, I have thought about whether to answer this post or not, as it has been 12 years and I still get upset.  But that is not your fault and no apology needed.  It is something that I have to deal with.  Seeing Tammy Faye Messner on TV (why they showed that picture I have yet to figure out) just brought back memories.  She weighed 65#, Lewis weighed 85# - He weighed 201# when he was diagnosed - by the way might add that Roe Messner was a cousin of my Dad's, and now that's enough said. Don't get me wrong, as I am happy for anyone that is able to survive any form of cancer because it can be a very horrible thing. End of subject.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

Teresa

I'm sorry too~~..
Lets all keep in mind that for reasons only known to God and your higher self do the people who contact the sickness's and the ones who stand by loving them and caring for them...have to go through those types of karmic life's learning lessons.
It isn't necessarily bad karma either.. just a balancing and learning lesson to help who ever is involved in all the areas become more spiritually advanced. We may not understand it now.. but someday we will.
There are no accidents..and there are no coincidences..and there is nothing we have to go through that we haven't beforehand  agreed with God that it is for the benefit of our spiritual souls growth.

( Just my belief)    :-*

Ok... my favorite smell is......................................farts!

No not really!!!! Just trying to change the mood of the room.. ;D

But one of my favorite smells is walking into a candle shop. The Yankee candle shops are wonderful and the smell stays in your nose long after you have left the place.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

I love the frogs. I just made off with them.   ;D

Ole Granny

I like to smell the frog legs cooking!  Jumping in the pan.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk