Started by Janet Harrington, July 21, 2007, 01:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LShortt

freshly mowed lawn
sunshine & breeze dried bedding
the lavendar from my garden
the roses from my garden
Old Spice on my husband

and...the smell of dirt, you know that smell in the spring as you turn the soil getting the garden ready for all those beautiful flowers that are going to bloom all summer...I love that smell!

kdfrawg

Good job, Sunflower. The smell of a freshly tilled field is pretty much that same smell, and it seems to go on forever. That's a great one.

Teresa

Coffee on a campfire on an early fall day.
Lilacs
Taneycoma River after the fog sets in ,  in Branson
My grand babies, powered &  fresh out of the bath.
Mens cologne ( on a man of course)  ;)
Pies & cinnamon bread baking
Freshly  mowed alfalfa & hay.
My house.
Cedar trees burning on a campfire.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

Hi Sunflower --- nice to see a post from you.  Is it as dry in Canada as it is in northern Minnesota?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

Honeysuckle & Lilac
Sweet Grass
Nag Champa, my favorite incense
Vanilla

desertlilydarla

The smell of
pinecomes in a outdoor fire pit.
fresh cut alfalfa or grass
my grandson's after a bath
homemade bread and pie's
my husband new deodorant, AXE
coffee brewing on a open camp fire , and bacon
and a really good red wine

No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Janet Harrington

Old Spice because it reminds me of my Grandpa Hancock and wintergreen Skoal because it reminds me of my Grandpa Furrow.

Fresh baked bread because if reminds me of my Grandma Furrow and the smell of Grandma Hancock's fried chicken.

There is nothing better then smells that remind us of our grandparents.

LShortt

Good Mornin Jo, it is bone dry here.  Lawns are more brown than green.  For about 3 weeks we were under a total outside water ban, but have been bumped to the odd/even watering days.  It hasn't rained here, except for the odd sprinkle, since the first part of June.  I think all the rain has been to the north and east of Toronto.  OR, stuck in Kansas!  If you look at a map, we are about an hour west of Buffalo, New York, or depending on the traffic, just under an hour west of  Niagara Falls.

Jo McDonald

Linda --- we would be more than happy to share with you.   Yesterday afternoon I was on the forum - Well DUH - not unusual --the dark cloud formed in the north west -- thundered twice - and absolutely poured down rain..........Our park is STILL closed to public - and our water is STILL not available  the main line is under about 6 foot of water so when it does go down, then they will be able to repair it and we will have water again
 Really sets you back on your heels ...makes you more than sorry for the folks in Greensburg and other places that have had disasters.  Take care
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

desertlilydarla

the smell of the Colorado River when i'm fishing.
and my homemade cinnamon sunrise bread
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk