advertisment for mercantile store

Started by desertlilydarla, July 16, 2007, 07:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Rudy,

WOP biscuits are the biscuits that you buy in the store in the container that you WOP against the cabinet to get them open.

Wilma

Rudy, don't tell me you have never had wop biscuits,  but then, if your wife is a good cook, she has never had to use wop biscuits.  Me, I've never made a decent biscuit from scratch, but I am really good at putting frozen ones in the oven.

kdfrawg

I have been known to make proper biscuits. But bread products are hardly my specialty. So I have also used what I used to call biscuits-in-a-tube, more often than not. I never have trusted my biscuit ability for guests.

Jo McDonald

No WOP biscuits from my kitchen and none from Teresa and Sherri either ----Only the real McCoys -- or McDonalds      umm-umm Good!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

So, is that something that you can share, or do you have to be there? Most of the dishes that I make, and that people want again and again, I have no recipe for. I've been doing them for so long that I just do them. I don't measure, I don't do anything but cook. After I left California, one of my friends there insisted that I send them the recipe for what I call Veal Kermite', obviously a dish I made up myself, in this case by combining a couple of other recipes and then refining the combination. The only way that I could send them the recipe was to have someone watch me cook it and write everything down. Is that the way right proper biscuits are?

???

flo

Jo, go to the recipes and click on (2) and biscuits and you'll see where the WOP biscuits come in.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

Oh, Flo, I think I do remember Teresa telling me about that --- but I have slept since then and the memory just did not click in.   How funny ... you are a mess, girl.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk