Kansas Wind??????

Started by Wilma, July 14, 2007, 02:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

That's funny Ruby Rudy.  ;D

Kjell just "loves"   ::)  to have to talk to people who... My name is Marahashi.. but you can call me Bill".
Not a pretty sight to have to be around when he finally gets off the phone.  :P
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

So, there I was, sitting in my office in California in 1983 or 84. I had a little programming business and suddenly the entire Indian Space Program in America is ushered into my office. Both of them. They had wound up down at the Moffet Field annex of Ames/NASA and someone had given them my name for some programming they wanted done.

They sat down and we talked about it for a while, having some difficulty with the scientific terms at issue and the language barrier. I told them I would have to get back to them after I looked some things up. So they handed me their business cards, very official with the Indian Space Program logo and everything. The names and occupations on the cards were:

Carl Engineer - Engineer
John Researcher - Research Assistant

;D

Diane Amberg

Jo McDonald

What a Hoot ---------- these people just break my will - try as I might I can't use much patience when I have to talk to them -- my solution --- HANG UP... try as many times as it takes to get some one that has a clue of what I am needing solved.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

That's okay about the name thing.  I have been called Janice, instead of Janet.  Even my Grandmother Furrow would call me Janice.  Don't know why.  I think her tongue would get twisted.  I've been called Jannie, Janette, etc.  I'm like Frawgy that as long as you don't forget to call me to eat, you can call me anything you like.

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 21, 2007, 01:45:07 PM
That's okay about the name thing.  I have been called Janice, instead of Janet.  Even my Grandmother Furrow would call me Janice.  Don't know why.  I think her tongue would get twisted.  I've been called Jannie, Janette, etc.  I'm like Frawgy that as long as you don't forget to call me to eat, you can call me anything you like.

You said I could!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I sure opened myself up for that one, now, didn't I? :o :o :o

Mom70x7

Then there were the six of us girls - who all looked alike and are only a year apart, each, in ages. We didn't get names. People would ask - and which one are you? - and the response needed to be "I'm number 3." If I said "Debbie" then the question or a variation would be repeated - which one is that?

So . . . just be glad you guys got names!  :D   :D   :D

MarineMom

Quote from: Mom70x7 on July 21, 2007, 07:19:36 PM
Then there were the six of us girls - who all looked alike and are only a year apart, each, in ages. We didn't get names. People would ask - and which one are you? - and the response needed to be "I'm number 3." If I said "Debbie" then the question or a variation would be repeated - which one is that?

So . . . just be glad you guys got names!  :D   :D   :D

My sisters and I had the same problem when we were growing up :-\ only there were 8 girls close in age :D

flo

your reply then should have been "I'm the good one"
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk