Kansas Wind??????

Started by Wilma, July 14, 2007, 02:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandymomma

Thanks, Kjell, I'll give that a try.

Frawgie, definately have to go the "free" route. That's ok. I made a few modifications and was able to find enough pictures to use up the whole song, so I think I'm doing ok with Microsoft.

I tried to post my creation on My Space, but they require that you have permission from the title artist even though you have cited your sources. I'm quite annoyed.

Well, I better get the kids to daycare.

Talk at cha later!!!

flo

;D "tears" worked fine for "years" in this instance, which brings to mind  :-\ something I was taught when I worked as a legal secretary and that was the importance of spelling and he used this example where a mispelled word would work both ways:  My client is NOW ready to sign the papers when the W should have been a T.  Guess that has helped me with spelling, but alas my fingers are not so diligent.  Also, my name being FLORENE AND NOT FLOREN"C"E, which has been a thorn in my side for years.  I am a Notary Public and my very first stamp came back FLorence.  I have ordered checks and they come back Florence, so I must attach a note to all correspondence noting there is no "C" in my first name.   >:( Most of the time it works.  Even get papers from government agencys ie Medicare, etc, addressed to Florence, but that's understandable  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

I know... I get the same thing with T-H- eresa...
No H in my name...
Unless it stands for Hell-raiser...  LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Jo McDonald

Reminds me of the story my sister tells about their youngest daughter.  Her name is Natalyn Jo
When she was in kindergarten she brought some papers home and the teacher had written "Madeline, is doing so well in class - she is a joy to have in my room".  Helen asked her why she had told the teacher her name was Madeline?  Natalyn said, "I didn't, I have told her and told her my name is Natalyn, and just decided if she wanted it to be Madeline so bad, I would just let her".
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

I probably would have contacted the teacher and told her I'm glad Madaline is doing so well, but would also like to know how my daughter Natalyn is doing.

Diane Amberg

That is perfect!!!! ;D ;D ;D

dandymomma

My daughter's social security card was issued to Natalie Leach Pearl Alexander. When I took it back to the SS office I told the clerk, "My daughters middle name is 'Lee-ah' Pearl, not LEACH Pearl".

Rudy Taylor

I called Embarq (our telephone company) last week to move service to another building. The person on the other end, obviously from India, asked if I was "RUBY Taylor."  I said no. My name is Rudy.  She said, "Sir, my computer says your name is Ruby and that's the only person who can authorize this change.

So, I hung up.  Called the stupid number again and said, "This is Ruby Taylor. I need to move service to another building.

"Yes, Mr. Ruby," she said. "We'll get it done tomorrow."

I'd say:
1. The name RUBY in India means "hot, sexy man with white skin and lots of tattoos.
2.  The name RUDY means "eat lots of garlic and burp really loud when you're on an airplane.
3.  The computer wins.  It's always right.  Just obey it.  "666" you know.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

How funny that is! I love your retorts. I have this mental picture of people on the airplane diving away from that big burp. And Dandy momma, "leach?"... they type worse than I do. Were you able to get it corrected?   As "Ruby" says, the computer is always right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk