NEW QUESTION

Started by Wilma, July 22, 2007, 07:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

But, these rings would not be used in a small bird bath.  Just in large puddles of water.

I think that what Mother is trying to control are the mosquito larvas that occur when water just sits.

One thing you could do, Mother, is to buy a thing to put on your birdbath that would keep moving the water, a fountain like thing.  That link I put on there talked about a water wiggler.

Diane Amberg

The rings are advertised for birdbaths and ponds. I don't think "overkill" is a problem and I have broken them into pieces with success. Moving water does work very well. 

Janet Harrington

So, you think that if a person got one, they could break it into little pieces and put a piece at a time in the birdbath?

Diane Amberg

I've cut them into 8 pieces, and haven't had any problems. Smaller than that and they get a little crumbly and I don't want the birds to try to eat it. It shouldn't hurt them but why risk it. I haven't used them for a couple of years since we've been home more. They have good customer service people who should be able to answer any questions

desertlilydarla

Kermit, it looks like everyone must have gone to lunch, we seem to be the only one's posting here.

Maybe it's time to go finish my painting. I'm painting some shelving for my master bedroom closet. I've already took a break and oiled all the hinges on my doors and locks, in the house, watered my acre of land,done laundry, dishes and cleaned out 1/4 of my bonus room above the garage.  Temp. is about 105 today with about 32% humitiy.  And I still need to cut all the boards and hang brackets for the shelving to go on,  pull all of my dead plants up that died from the heat, before it gets much hotter today.  I may be ready for my nap sooner then I thank.   

So keep everyone laughling with your posts, your so good at that. ;D
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk