Hey, where is everyone????

Started by Janet Harrington, November 27, 2005, 03:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Hey, just got on the forum and since I hadn't been on for awhile, I thought I would see some new things, lots of postings, etc.  Wonder what everyone is doing?  Myself, I have been busy and I am ashamed of myself for not posting and not keeping up.

Reallly enjoyed reading the letters from Afghanistan that Carl Harrod keeps going for us.  It makes me feel as if I am there.  I do not have anyone serving in Afghanistan, but I do have a nephew by marriage in Iraq.  Don't know when he will be home.

Jim's son-in-law, Brian Davis, just came back from Qatar which is a island country just east of Saudi Arabia.  He is in the Air Force.  Computer geek.  He got to be in the room that shows what is happening, live coverage, of the planes when they go on their flights to drop bombs, etc.  He also told us about the Predators, the unmanned planes, that spy on the enemy and some of them are armed to help fight this war.  Brian mentioned that the pilots of the Predators are on a base in the United States and are flying those things in Iraq.  How cool is technology?

mtcookson

I still pop my head in here to see what's going on but there's not been all that much activity. That seems to happen quite often in the winter on most of the forums that I'm on... which you would think would be just the opposite since people tend to be inside more often.

Janet Harrington

Well, if it wasn't for Carl Harrod posting, there wouldn't be anyting on here.  What is going on with everyone? ??? ???  Not much happening in the Harrington household.  We are just maintaining and wishing the holidays were over so everyone would start acting normal.

I sang in the Community Cantata as did some of our other forum members.  The Cantata was sponsored by the Howard United Methodist Church and had singers from Howard and Piedmont singing.  Our director was from Elk Falls and is our grade school music teacher, Cynthia Washburn.  If you have not had an opportunity to have Mrs. Washburn as a director, then you are missing out.  She is sooooo patient with these old adults that are doing there best to keep their singing voices active.  What fun we had!!! ;D ;D  We sang on December 11, 2005, and had a wonderful crowd at the church.  I enjoyed seeing many people that I haven't been able to visit with since working in Fredonia.

Tonight, December 18, unless they postpone because of the weather, the Flint Hills Assembly of God church, will perform their cantata at 6:00.  The church is on Wabash and the cantata is under the direction of Pastor Robin Haines, my good friend.  I plan on going unless I learn that it has been postponed.

There is nothing like attending Christmas performances in the community to make you feel like you have some Christmas spirit.

Today, December 18, the roads are snowpacked and icy in the City of Howard, but the highways,( or at least 99) has been treated.  Co-workers of mine traveled 400 this morning and it was slow going.

Hope some of you get on this forum and write.  I miss reading, reading and reading.  Talk with you later.

jensarlou

Hello Janet,
Now that is what I call Christmas spirit!!!  To hear about the city cantata and the snow packed streets of Howard brings back such fond memories.  I don't think we will get the white Christmas that I am dreaming of  but I can share it through the picture you have painted for us.  I wish you all a very blessed and merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year. 
Love the Handte's  Andrea, Jenepher, Sarah, and little Louie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk