Elk County Historical Society Annual Meeting?

Started by Marcia Moore, November 16, 2007, 08:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Does anyone know if the Elk County Historical Society has had their annual meeting yet, and if not, when is it scheduled? 

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Marcia Moore

Was there an announcement in the newspaper in advance telling of the meeting, or was there a write-up in the paper after the meeting? 

W. Gray

I do not think either but I have not yet seen this week's newspaper so don't know if there is a writeup in this edition.

I received a written notice but it did not arrive until the day after the meeting.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

I have seen neither a notice nor a report of the meeting.  Maybe something will get in next week's paper.

Marcia Moore

I wonder why there wasn't anything in the newspaper?  I was wanting to go to it this year.   

Roma Jean Turner

The weekend I came through Elk Co, I stopped and visited with David.  I believe he was going to send out some email announcements.  He said that there was no business, nothing really to report.  He was going to ask to step down as president and be secretary, as the appointed secretary had never attended a meeting and he was doing the secretarial things anyway.  That is all I know.  I never got an e-mail because I paid my dues that day and told David not to bother, I wouldn't be able to come back for the meeting.  That's all I know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk