Any Update on Lloyd Zimmerman?

Started by Theresa, July 04, 2007, 12:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

such great news.  Have to relate this because most of you know how professional Lloyd and Robin Haines were when they were handeling a funeral service, but at one funeral Lloyd was to sing and since we had never been together as musician and singer, he asked me to come early so we could go through the songs, which I did.  When we finished there was about 30 minutes before it would be time for me to start playing and those two had me in stitches.   Their sense of humor was just so "unlike" I had ever seen either one of them.  They did enjoy working with each other, you could tell.  I enjoyed this lighter time in their midst.  The crack about pushing him out the window I can just hear and Lloyd would laugh at it and say "but I would have pulled you out with me".  ;D ;D ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

desertlilydarla

Are there any more updates on Lloyd?
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Janet Harrington

The last update that I had was that he had been moved to rehab.  That's the last report.

desertlilydarla

No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

emptynest

News that I have heard from a reliable source:  Lloyd has had surgery on his arm/shoulder in which they have put a metal ball.  According to Robin Haines, he will have trouble in airports from now on. 

He has moved to rehab. and today walked around the "square" in the hospital/rehab unit in which he is staying.  That's quite a feat---since he has 28 breaks in his ribs.

But the most amazing thing I have heard is about the time of the accident.  It seems that the EMT's working on Lloyd to stablize him before transport said that the smoke/fumes were so very bad that at times they couldn't see the ambulance.  And that as they went back and forth to get the necessary medical supplies, the attendants would be coughing and choking their heads off.  The miraculous....and I do mean miraculous fact is that where Lloyd was positioned on the ground there was a pocket of the most fresh air---with no smoke in it.  It's as though the Lord himself breathed down on that spot so that the work on Lloyd could be accomplished!!! :angel:  (This is directly from one of the attendants)  What an awesome, awesome, God we have!!!

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

If I say this, please, please, understand that there is no disrespect intended of any kind. I know Lloyd has a great sense of humor. Emergency Service people have very black humor, among ourselves only, to help deal with some of the awful stuff we see. What happened to him would be caused by "failure to fly." Am I now in deep trouble?   

Wilma

No, you are not in deep trouble.  Janet is basically in the same service you are, (she is law enforcement and has seen about everything) and from what she has told me, I can understand the need for black humor.  It is what gets us through very trying situations.

Mom70x7

And Lloyd would laugh with you. His line of work also has a lot of strange humor. Listening to Lloyd and Robin Haines in their unguarded moments is a hoot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk