Local Weather Radar

Started by sixdogsmom, July 09, 2007, 10:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

How many folks would like to see an easily accessed up to date weather radar possiby accessible on this site? My hand is high in the air! Could it be done? It would be a great service I think, all the weather guys have their derrierre over Elk county when presenting the weather, and it is difficult to see exactly what is going on. Thanks, Edie.
Edie

Mom70x7

I have the KAKE-TV First Alert downloaded onto my desktop.  Here's the KAKE website - just download the First Alert

http://www.kake.com/

MarineMom

There is a link on the home page in the box under the menu click on it and it takes you to the weather channel webpage. Type in whatever zip code you want to know and it gives you the conditions for that area

flo

I discussed this "derierre" thing with Mark Larson on KWCH and he agreed that they do cover up our neck of the woods too often.  I told him it was nice to see what what happening in Colorado and Nebraska but that 60 miles east was just as important.  If you happen to watch Ch. 12's morning news and weather you will find that he does move so we can see Greenwood, Elk and Chatauqua counties.  He was to bring this to the attention of the other weather reporters, but they aren't as considerate as he is at showing our "neck of the woods", but it's a start.  Might add I told him there was "life east of the Beaumont Hills" and we were very modern and had TV's and everything.  When I get e-mails from him now, he refers to us as his "up to date modern viewers".  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Kjell H.

As of now, I don't have the option of adding a radar map on the site, but....

in addition to the weather info on the front page, there is now local weather info on top of all pages on the forum. To get to the current radar map. click on current temperature and it will take you to a new page where there is a link to the radar map. Best I could do at this time.
Marshal Halloway

sixdogsmom

Thank you Kjell--- I do believe there is interest here, as there have been many viewers on this subject in the last 24 hours. I did look at the site as you suggested, and it works for now. Later, Edie.
Edie

kdfrawg

I looked for a way to do this with the National Weather Service (NOAA) site, which I find to be quite superior and much more timely in terms of when you get to see the lates radar scans, but they do not appear to have any outfoing feeds.

:(

desertlilydarla

Thanks Kjell, I do enjoy checking on the weather there in Howard.... I like to see how much cooler you guys are there, then where I live in Needles, CA. ....but I would still like to have some of that rain someone on the forum promised to share with me.  I only need it off and on for a few months and then I can send it back.  I promise. ;D ;D ;D  No!! I really do like  to see the weather at the top of the page.  JOB WELL DONE.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Teresa

Quote from: Kjell H. on July 10, 2007, 05:34:14 PM
As of now, I don't have the option of adding a radar map on the site, but....

in addition to the weather info on the front page, there is now local weather info on top of all pages on the forum. To get to the current radar map. click on current temperature and it will take you to a new page where there is a link to the radar map. Best I could do at this time.

You did great!
As usual... :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

desertlilydarla

You two certainly do compilment each other.  It must be nice to have such talented people in the same house..   Thumbs up to both of you for the forum...And like they say " this is addicting"
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk