SIMONS, Dorothy LaVon (Picolet) - b. October 21, 1941 - d. October 4, 2007

Started by Marcia Moore, July 02, 2007, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

The Eureka Herald - Oct. 12, 1978
     Dorothy LaVon Simons was born on Oct. 21, 1941 in Frankfort, Kansas to Loren and Wilma Duncan Picolet.  Her early years were spent around the Frankfort community, and while a young woman she met Jim Simons.  They were married on March 28, 1959 and to this union were born three fine children.  They had made their home in the Frankfort area until a short time ago when they moved to Severy, Kansas.
     Dorothy was a fine musician and enjoyed entertaining people with music.  She will always be remembered as a loving mother and devoted wife.  Her death occurred Wednesday, Oct. 4, in an accident southeast of Howard, Kansas.
     Her survivors include her mother, Mrs. Wilma Picolet, of Frankfort, Ks.; her husband, Jim, of Severy, Ks.; one son, Russell, of the home; two daughters, Annette, of the home and Mrs. Angelia Perry of Frankfort, Ks.; five brothers, Dean Picolet of McFarland, Ks., Dale Picolet of St. Louis, Mo., Marvin and Jim Picolet, both of Frankfort, Ks., and Merle Picolet of Lavona, Mo.  She also leaves three sisters, Mrs. Betty Keller of Riley, Ks., Mrs. Darlene Nemechek of Frankfort, Ks., and Mrs. Judy Fleeker of Manhattan, Ks.
     Funeral services were held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 7 at the Padden Funeral Home in Frankfort, Ks., with Rev. Paul Plummer officiating.  Interment was in the Frankfort Cemetery.  Local arrangements were made with the Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard, Ks.   

Buddyboy

Annette was in my class at WE. I remember Polly Rice and I were class officers and got out of school to go order her a plant at Gray's Greenhouse. On the way back, we talked about how neat it would be if we could get out of class again. At that time my dad was in the hospital in Independence with leukemia. It was also my 16th birthday. The next night when we went to visit him, we found that he had been having trouble breathing all day. They had just neglected to call Mom and tell her. He died later that night. Sort of a rough time.

Janet Harrington

I can imagine.

Russell and Annette are the two that I remember.  I don't know why they have always just stuck in my mind.  Does anyone know what happened to the Simons' kids after they graduated from West Elk?

Buddyboy

I'd have to check my yearbooks, but I don't think Annette graduated with us. Seem to remember her leaving that summer.

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk