Zimmermans will rebuild

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 02, 2007, 06:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

The Flint Hills Express will carry a story this week about the future of the Zimmerman Funeral Home. It is news that everyone needs to pass along!  Yes, the funeral home will be rebuilt. Yes, the Zimmermans will own it. And, in the interim, the Countryside Funeral Home at Fredonia will handle all services until our friend Lloyd Zimmerman gets home from the hospital. Tell everyone that those needing the services of a funeral home should call the usual telephone number for Zimmermans --- 374-2381. Rosie will still answer the phone and get the information to the right person.
Thanks, everyone!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Wilma

Bless you, Rudy, for getting the information that we all are wanting and relaying it to us.

Janet Harrington

I never doubted that Lloyd would rebuild.  I heard lots and lots of people say, "Oh, he won't rebuild.  His wife is in Wichita.  He isn't young anymore."  I knew he would rebuild because Lloyd loves this community and he isn't old.  He is my age, so I think I kind of take offense to people thinking Lloyd is old.  ha ha

flo

Rudy, thank you so much for giving us that information BEFORE I get my weekly paper.  I have had so many from out of town ask about those very things, and haven't been able to answer their questions, like "will he rebuild" "What if someone dies, where will they have the funeral", etc.  Now I can tell them.  Lloyd's reputation spreads far and wide because he has dealt with so many many families and he is very highly thought of by those family members, as he is by folks at home.  He handled services for my late husband, and Lloyd's caring and compassion made the process so much easier to bear.  In addition, I have provided music for many many funeral services, and I see first hand his consideration for the feelings of all.  It takes a special kind of human being, and that is Lloyd. Must not forget his sidekick, Paster Robin Haines.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jane

I am with you Janet, Lloyd is in the prime of his life. I was sure he would be back. He has a lot of repairing to do on that body of his. As bad as it is, he has injuries that will heal. We can only thank the Lord for that.

Army Mom

Rudy Taylor

Do you folks realize how upllifting your comments are!  What a wonderful way to end a day --- just browsing through the commentary, prayers, thoughts, all the kind ribbing and the newsy little notes that all of us need to know.

If i were younger, I'd haul off and move to Elk County.  I swear I would.

Wilma

You know, Rudy, you dont have to be young to move here.  I was 75 when I finally moved back.  Thought it would be a good place to grow old.

Rudy Taylor

The greatest surprise I've found in working among Elk County folks is how many of you actually moved here in later years.  I thought it was the typical "elderly" county made up mostly of natives ... which would certainly be OK, but every time I come up here I meet another person who moved from another part of the country.  I truly believe it is the best kept secret in America.

flo

Rudy, my two cents worth.  I was born in Elk County, just NW of Howard, 66 (almost 67) years ago.  Was raised in Severy and lived there, married, raised a family, buried my husband, and in Aug. 2005 sold my place and moved to, where else, Howard.  "Came back to my roots".  The people are so friendly and make you feel like you've been here all your life.  And this forum just extends your friendship to anyone you don't know personally.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

MarineMom

Quote from: Rudy Taylor on July 03, 2007, 07:51:10 PM
person who moved from another part of the country.  I truly believe it is the best kept secret in America.

Not just from another part of the country but from other countries  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk