Chuckles

Started by flo, June 29, 2007, 03:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

I thought this story came from the Democratic National Covention when I first saw the picture. :laugh: I can't wait for the Republican Convention so I can get some new material.

Revellers paint Spanish town red in annual tomato fight
5 hours ago
BUNOL, Spain (AFP) — Tens of thousands of people from around the world hurled tons of ripe tomatoes at each other Wednesday in an annual food fight that leaves the eastern Spanish town of Bunol covered in red juice.
A rocket fired from the town hall was the cue for start of the event for which local authorities provided 120 tonnes of tomatoes.
Many revellers, including many from Britain, France, Germany, Russia and Asia, wore hard hats, goggles or protective plastic sheets.
Shopkeepers put up huge plastic covers on their storefronts to protect their properties from the sea of red mush.
An estimated 40,000 people took part in the event this year, more than four times the population of the town located in a fertile region some 40 kilometres (25 miles) north of the coastal city of Valencia, Spain's third-largest city.
Spain's Olympic men's water polo team, which finished in fifth place at the Games in China, were among the participants, according to the town council.
After a battle lasting about one hour, municipal workers and local residents used giant hoses to clear the streets of tomato pulp.
The participants meanwhile headed to a nearby river where hundreds of temporary showers were set up.
The "Tomatina" is held each year on the last Wednesday in August. The origins of the event are unclear although it is thought to have its roots in a food fight between childhood friends in the mid-1940s in Bunol.

Catwoman

dnalexander

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 26, 2008, 07:36:32 PM
Now David, you know that cannot be from the Democratic convention; these photos are all old white guys! Probably oil men! LOL!!  :D :D

Very funny response. ;D(Take it easy on the oil men though)  Maybe you can help me with my comedy act. Sometimes the politicians just make it too easy, other times you have to use photos of the Peruvian Parliament, Ukrainian Parliament, and Bill Clinton dog sitting Barack's dog to complete the joke.. I promise you if the opportunity presents I will post similar stuff once the Republican Convention starts.

Plus I see from the calendar you are having a Birthday. Happy Birthday SDM.

David

sixdogsmom

Thank you David, I plan to celebrate it with a political convention in Minnesota!  ;D ;D
Edie

Judy Harder

Sears catalog

Two rednecks were looking at a Sears catalog and admiring the models.

One says to the other, 'Have you seen the beautiful girls in this catalog?'

The second one replies, 'Yes, they are very beautiful. And look at the price!'

The first one says, with wide eyes, 'Wow, they aren't very expensive. At this price, I'm buying one.'

The second one smiles and pats him on the back. 'Good idea! Order one and if she's as beautiful as she is in the catalog, I will get one too.'

Three weeks later, the youngest redneck asks his friend, 'Did you ever receive the girl you ordered from the Sears catalog?'

The second one replies "No, but it shouldn't be long now.  I got her clothes yesterday!"

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Dale Smith

Hypnotist at the Senior Center

It was entertainment night at the Senior Center.  Claude the
     Hypnotist exclaimed, 'I'm here to put you into a trance; I intend to
     hypnotize each and every member of the audience.'

The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful
     antique pocket watch from his coat.

'I want you each to keep your eye on this antique watch.  It's a
     very special watch.  It's been in my family for six generations.'

He began to swing the watch gently back and forth while quietly
     chanting:

'Watch the watch, watch the watch, and watch the watch...'

The crowd became mesmerized as the watch swayed back and forth,
     light gleaming off its polished surface.

Hundreds of pairs of eyes followed the swaying watch, until,
     suddenly, it slipped from the hypnotist's finger and fell to the
     floor, shattering into a hundred pieces.

'Crap' said the Hypnotist.

It took three days to clean up the Senior Center.

Diane Amberg

sixdogsmom

Edie

W. Gray

There is a site that says hypnotism has successfully been used as a treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.

For whatever reason, has anyone on this forum ever been hypnotized?  I have not.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Mom70x7

What a sale!  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk