Chuckles

Started by flo, June 29, 2007, 03:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I never made it to Australia. We were going to go for our 25th anniversary but family illness made it impossible. Now Al doesn't have the stamina for it....he would argue, but I know he doesn't. I'm just glad for all the wonderful places we did get to visit, and the wonderful people we met. But I do like tomatoes, any way shape or form. And MarineMom....thank you so much for the information. :) :)

kdfrawg

There's a World Market in Lawrence, and they do indeed usually have them. But, to take a clue from another thread, Brits, and the shop next door on our main street, Au Marche, are not only local business but great businesses. Either will bend over backward to get you what you need, with Brits covering Great Britain and Au Marche the rest of Europe. I just love both places, and although I don't have the energy budget to wander Massachusetts Street, I always make it a point to visit both of these places often.

Diane Amberg

Ok, I go to plan B. There is a World Market about 45 min. north of me, but they didn't have pub onions the few times I've been there. It's kinda out of my general shopping area. I just called and described what I wanted, but the girl said they didn't have them and didn't know what they were. She wondered if I could get a brand name. Any ideas? Other wise I will check out that britsusa site. Thanks! :)

MarineMom

Quote from: kdfrawg on July 18, 2007, 10:31:29 AM
I just love both places, and although I don't have the energy budget to wander Massachusetts Street, I always make it a point to visit both of these places often.

Wichita has a World Market that I get too once in a while when I am in Wichita, but it  can be "strolled" through on line so I go in there knowing exactly what I am after --and make it my last stop so I am to tired to be tempted to wander around finding all kinds of things I have lived without for 30 years and now suddenly find essential  ;D I would love to go to Lawrence and shop at Brits in person but online is a good substitiute
http://www.worldmarket.com/home.jsp

Diane Amberg

Thanks again! I WILL get some pub onions eventually. I was lucky enough to visit World Market's grandparents...Cost Plus in San Fransicso. Talk about a shopping experience.  It has expanded over the years to a number of buildings near Fisherman's Wharf. I love San Francisco.

kdfrawg

Wow, yes, Cost Plus is an amazing place. I loved to go down there and wander around, back when I lived there and could still wander. They had a little bit of everthing. I also miss Trader Joes.

Diane Amberg

Hey there, Frawg. Did you know that Pizza Hut started in Wichita? What kind of pizza would a frawg order?    And I do have a serious question. How do you all pronounce the name of the Arkansas River? Is it Ar-can-saw or Ar-kansas?   

Why can't a nurse buy a new watch?
        Because it has to be a second hand one.

frawin

Diane, there is only one correct way to prononce the Arkansas River in Kansas, it is Ar-Kansas

Dee Gee

And how do you prononce Arkansas City, Arkansas and Arkansas City, Kansas?
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

Thank You, Frawin!  :) :) :) :)
     My father always said it as you said, so that's how I learned it. Some time ago I was talking to an east coast friend who was about to drive to Colorado and I said the Ar-kansas river and he thought I was nuts. I feel better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk