High water

Started by okiemon, June 29, 2007, 08:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

And I guess it HAS to be emptynest you sing with. I heard you singing today with someone else and you guys were told to hush.  :)  ;D  :)

At least you know who your best singing partner is.  :)   :D   ;D   ::)

PS - I was singing then also, and was also told to hush, and I obeyed. Our Law Enforcement representative and the other singer did NOT.

flo

well, spent some time touring the "high water" district yesterday afternoon and took some pic. but unfortunately have not figured out how to post them here.  They are not a lot different than what everyone else has, however.  I do have a pic. of Teresa's firewood piled in the middle of what used to be a road (think it was from Cookson's farm, anyhow).  Sure a lot of water out there, and the overflow from Schofield's watershed, and all the other little creeks and tributaries that are now torrent rivers - Marvin gave me the grand tour and the sky over Howard from out on the hill was awesome.  Got a pic of that too.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

elkgrandkid

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting about the floods.  I've been trying to find out how Independence is doing.

We have some flooding here in Bartlesville, I guess, but I think the worst is in Dewey (just north of B'ville).

Has anybody heard about Hickory Creek?  My guess would be it's all a mess back in there too.  There was a pond on my Granddad's old place, it's probably a mess.

Is Longton ok, does anyone know?

Thanks.

Ritagail

Janet Harrington

I think Longton is fine.  They just can't go east.  Coffeyville is probably the worst for this area.  It always is.  They catch all of our water and it causes havoc for them.

I believe that vehicles can go from Moline to Elk Falls, but are unable to go on east from there.

We were told by Joe out at P & J's that people from Fredonia are driving to Howard via Busby and getting gas, etc.  Fredonia and Neodesha are the towns to be concerned about.  No electricity.  High water.  Can't do anything.  That would be awful.  Kind of like the ice storm.

elkgrandkid

Thanks.  I still haven't heard anything from relatives in Independence. 

Coffeyville is really going to need a lot of support.....they said on the news that the water is mixed with the oil from the refinery.

I do our church bulletin, so I'm going to run another "ad" in there about contributing to the Red Cross.

In case you don't know, you can designate where you want your funds to go when you give to the Red Cross.  You just need to tell them.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Mom70x7 on July 01, 2007, 05:18:52 PM
And I guess it HAS to be emptynest you sing with. I heard you singing today with someone else and you guys were told to hush.  :)  ;D  :)

At least you know who your best singing partner is.  :)   :D   ;D   ::)

PS - I was singing then also, and was also told to hush, and I obeyed. Our Law Enforcement representative and the other singer did NOT.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not much on obeying anyone when I am having a good time.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

emptynest

You can get from Moline to Elk Falls, and from what I hear from some of the people in Longton this evening is that some of the outer skirts and country people do not have electricity or phone service. 

After hearing a very emotional plea and much discussion this morning from several farmers, it has been suggested that we contact our senators/representatives/govenor to reconsider having Elk County declared a disaster area.  So much has been lost that without be able to receive additional state aid, many of local farmers will be taking a big hit.  Since every county around us was declared one, and we were in the flood warning right along with them, it only seems reasonable. I will try to get more information on this process and relay it on here.

emptynest

Janet,
I am thinking that maybe we should go ahead and get an agent.  It seems we might be getting some publicity and we definitely don't need things to get out of hand--where we're concerned, because we both are out of hand as it is.  What'd'ya think?

Janet Harrington

That's probably a good idea.  We definately don't want to end up being like Paris Hilton and some of those other out of control young famous females.

I'll see if I can find anyone that could be our agent while I'm at work tomorrow.  LOL

Wilma

I heard some place on TV this evening that we are included in the disaster area.  So is Greenwood, Butler and Cowley.  I especially noticed it since we hadn't been included before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk