Help!!

Started by Wilma, June 28, 2007, 05:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Marty Hunter on June 28, 2007, 07:40:04 PM
Wilma,
     I am not sure why it is not displaying.   I just tried it again and it came up for me.   Happily I got the same payment amount twice.
     Figuring interest accrual is very simple.   Principal times interest rate divided by 365 days in the year times days to payment.   $5000 x .05 / 365 x 30 = $20.55 for the first month.
     The harder part is calculating the payment that will be equal for 48 months.   That is why I use a financial calculator.
     I did go on line and search google on amortization schedule.   The best one I found quick was the one at www.bankrate.com.    It calculates the payments and then you can go on and it will allow you to print an amortization schedule of payments.   
Marty

First, I want to say that I am glad a banker is the member of our forum. 

Second, I want to say that it is great when the banker does a calculation twice and gets the same answer both times.  YEAH.

Wilma

Dee Gee, I have Microsoft Works spreadsheet.  What should I look for?

Dee Gee

When you have the spreadsheet open, under the menu choice of insert you will find function select it, then select the category of the type of function you want in this case it is PMT select insert this will put it in the cell of the spreadsheet.  Now where the Principal you need to change to the amount you are using or you can change it to a cell reference.  You will have to the same type of changes to Rate and Term.  The Rate is the interest per period of the payment, in the case of monthly payments it would be percentage divided by 12 (.05 / 12).
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk