Good Nite All

Started by flo, June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Susan...
They don't come like you anymore.. :angel:
In my opinion.. you and Kate Perkins are a couple diamonds that forever shine and glisten. :-*
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Susan, you are making it so fun for your students.  No wonder they think you are just the greatest teacher ever, and you might well be.  Today was a long one for me, due to my scheduling these past two years of do it if I want to, if not, wait till tomorrow.  Had inservice this morning then after lunch we para's just worked in the room.  By the way, I was told they had hired a substitute music teacher for elementary music.  That so????
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

Oh my gosh.  Another school year about ready to go.  Where does the time fly?  I can tell I'm getting older when I see grandchildren of my friends going to school, I see my great neices and nephews going to school, I see me wondering where the summer went.  Yep, once again, it's all about me as always.

Diane Amberg

Flo, glad to hear you had a good, if long day. I was thinking about you earlier, wondering how you were doing. In about 4 days you'll be used to your day.  Or at least that's how long it used to take me to settle in.

emptynest

Yes, Flo, they have hired a long term substitue for elementary music.  She will be with us at least until December.  After that they (???) expect to have newly graduated students apply. 

The sub has been granted an emergency certificate from what I understand.  She is not necessarily musically inclined according to her own words to me this morning.  She has learned to play 1 song on the piano (it's a start) and sang in a choir once.  I am not putting her down---I just don't want the students to be let down..... All we can do is hope and pray and I thank those of you that thought about it and supported keeping music in the grade schools.

Flo, do you have to go Monday?  All the Severy and Moline paras do not. If you do, I will see you as we all spend the day at the high school on Monday.

flo

no, Susan, I won't be there on Monday.  AND how can someone teach music if they don't know music? Is this a college student or what? I just always figured knowing how to play the piano and sign was most important.  Guess now they play CD's for that, tho.  Anyhow, the kids will be exposed to music (I hope).  Just got a call and need to get out my notary stamp and look official, so have a good day everyone.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

I have had a full day and it is time for me to get my tired old raggity body to bed.

Have a good sized list to do tomorrow..
Hmmm ....Maybe I will start with a blank piece of paper.. and as I do my chores,
I will write them down and check them off.. THEN by the end of the day my list will be completed..

Goodnight everyone.

Janet Harrington

That's probably the smartest thing you have ever done.

Teresa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk