Good Nite All

Started by flo, June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

If our electricity goes off at night, I wake up.  The silence shouts at me.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

I once lived in the corner apartment on the third floor of a building on California and Arguello in San Francisco, two major thorough-fairs. Two of the other corners were 24-hour service stations. I was within 2 miles of three hospitals. I was within one mile of a police precinct house. Diesel buses ran 24 x 6 on Arguello. Electric, overhead-line trollies ran 24 x 6 on California. There was noise 24 hours a day, almost every day.

Sometimes, early Monday morning when the trollies stopped running for four hours and fate was on my side on the other items, the absolute silence would absolutely jerk me awake.

Teresa

If there is any kind of noise, I have trouble going to sleep.
I like the quiet so much.... in the day and in the night. It keeps me centered.
Sometimes I really wonder if I could be an excellent recluse .
I don't get bored .. ever...

But I guess after weeks of it, I might want some company.. LOL  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

We were out in Nevada once, 'way far from anywhere and the silence was so profound, it hurt my ears, that were straining to pick up something.  My scanner keeps me company.  I think I must be a noise snob. I love bird sounds but hate dogs barking. I love hearing the foxes bark, but hate car horns. I love hearing cows bawling, but hate hearing a stand off between two cats. A horse nickering is a friendly, comforting sound and the growl of a Doberman scares me to death. But I guess that's the whole idea. 

dandymomma

I crave the quiet. There is a woman I work with that is so loud that the only time I can really concentrate is when she goes on her breaks. She talks non-stop, and at the top of her lungs. I drive home everyday WITHOUT the radio on, just to have some peace. Then when I get home, I'm constantly telling my family to turn down the TV or the speakers on the computer or whatever. But at night I can't go to sleep without the fan on. Otherwise it's just TOO quiet. Funny, eh?

greatguns

Enjoyed spending some of my evening with you good folks and frogs.  Better get some shuteye now so I can make a good hand at work tomorrow.  3:00 A.M. comes early anymore.  Many sweet dreams to you all.  Have a wonderful tomorrow. :angel: :angel:

Teresa

I think I have talked enough my own self..
I'll get some things done and then I am off to bed .
Mama is coming to see me tomorrow and I don;'t want to fall asleep on her and make her think that she is boring.. LOL

Night night..

Roma Jean Turner

I'm doing the last of my ironing.  Have to be in Branson by
8:00am to sit through 3 days of lectures.  The dogs have all gone to their sitters for the
weekend.  I keep thinking I need to let them in, it is very quiet here for a change. I won't know how to sleep without two little dogs hanging on to me. Wow I can actually stretch out in any direction.  Good night friends.

Teresa

I'm tuckered out!

Goodnight all... :-*

Jo McDonald

This is not a Good Night - but I had a good night and enjoyed my short itme at Teresa and Kjell's home.  And she did not fall asleep while we were visiting - that sure would have made me sad ** lol   Then when we got back home, our Sherri called and chatted for a bit, so  the whole day was GOOD !  Had a nice visit with Russ also and some good double cheeseburgers and fries from Toots.
That was our day - and a good rest last night.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk