Main Menu

Removed.

Started by Marcia Moore, June 27, 2007, 08:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Flo---- you are to be admired for even thinking of such a wonderful "cheat"    Wish I had known of it YEARRRRRSSS ago  lol
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

desertlilydarla

I 'm not fond of ironig either.  So with my husband work jeans, I take them out of the washer and hang them up on the old fashion pant stretchers.  They come out looking better then as if I had ironed them.  I found the pant stretchers in a Amish catalog....  When I was a child living in Kansas, my mother would heat the old irons and wrap them in a cloth or towel and put them at our feet in the winter time to keep our toes toasty warm.  My oldest sister used to put her damped clothes in a towel and roll it up and put them in the frig., and them iron them later.  The cast Irons make a better door stop now a days.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Janet Harrington

I have never heard of sitting on a towel wrapped blouse to iron it.  What a thing.

I still iron.  I just don't keep the ironing up all the time because my house just isn't big enough for something like that.

Mom70x7

Well, then, how about the pants under the mattress?  ???  Anyone heard of that? It's supposed to be an old traveling trick as well.

MarineMom

Quote from: Mom70x7 on June 30, 2007, 01:33:27 PM
Well, then, how about the pants under the mattress?  ??? 

I tried that along with several of my fellow recruits in bootcamp and it did not work  >:( and drill sgt made sure we got that message loud and clear at morning inspection :o  :-[:'(

flo

Quote from: Jo McDonald on June 29, 2007, 08:08:29 AM
Flo---- you are to be admired for even thinking of such a wonderful "cheat"    Wish I had known of it YEARRRRRSSS ago  lol
think that was Mom 70x7, but if I had thot of it, probably would have tried it.

WOO HOO - I figured out how to "quote"
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk