Photo to Represent Howard

Started by kdfrawg, June 19, 2007, 10:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

I have been toying with making the photos rotate. I think I know how to do that. In addition, there will be a photo on each page of Tidbits and I can already see that there are going to be several of those. Of course, I could also put an album of photos at the bottom of the Howard page.

< ponder, ponder, ponder >

Wilma

The rotation and the album would be good.

kdfrawg

I will certainly take that under advisement.

Pictures are good. That's a lot of what the web was supposed to be about. It doesn't always seem to work out that way. Sometimes it seems like you can go for sixty pages in a row and see nothing but text. I don't have anything against text; heck, I'm a writer. But Web page after Web page without a picture is like miles and miles of Western Nebraska with no trees.

;D

I was born in Nebraska and don't feel bad poking fun at it. But I did think it was a bit harsh when a fellow I knew came back from a long drive in Nebraska and said he had finally figured out that the Nebraska state tree was the telephone pole.

Joanna

Sorry, I'd have to agree with that guy.  I've only been through Nebraska once, and through Wyoming too ~ Now THAT place seemed like a 4 hour drive through a rock quarry.  Ugh.  I think we must not have taken the scenic route!

kdfrawg

You have to revise your feeling about what is scenic when you get to talking about the Dakotas. The Badlands have a wonderful sort of wild, spooky feeling that I have always imagined was a little like wandering around on Mars. As far as Nebraska is concerned, I had a business in Columbus, Ohio while I lived in San Francisco, and a number of similar arrangements in other places, so I did a lot of non-stop driving back and forth. I used the time to design in my head the software systems that I was building at the time. I totally, absolutely agree that the days spent driving across Nebraska on I-80 were the worst of any of those trips, and that counts the trips across Nevada.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk