A Quiet Night

Started by kdfrawg, June 19, 2007, 08:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

It seems like a real quiet night here in the coffee shop. I don't know that I've ever seen it this quiet before. Maybe there's a parade or something that I didn't hear about. Oh, I just happened to think! I tacked up some photos on the bulleting board! I hope the one with me in it didn't scare everbody away.

Maybe there's a real popular show on television. I don't watch much television this time of year. I do follow college basketball, mainly because of the Jayhawks, but I watch all the teams. And sometimes I'll find something that interests me on the science channel or history channel. I don't even know what's on regular teevee any more.

Well, I guess I should stop sitting here at the counter muttering to myself. People will start to talk. Well, talk some more, maybe. Speaking of maybe, maybe I should take down that photo with me in it...

Janet Harrington

I think it is so quiet because it is going to storm here in just a little bit.  Plus, some of us work and are getting ready for bed.  YEAH.  That's me.  I have a job.  I'm so excited.  I'm so excited I'm even typing fast.

So far, I have enjoyed going to work.  Of course, this was just the second day.  ha ha

(I want you to notice that I will take any opportunity that I can to remind everyone that I have gone back to work.  I'm so excited.  ha ha)

kdfrawg

LOL! Janet, I think that I am as delighted by it as you are! It comes across in just about every word how happy you are to get back to work. I'm very glad it is going well. Somehow, I think that you pretty much always do well at whatever you try.

Yup, I do.

;D

Joanna

We've been in the crawl space under the house working on plumbing since Thursday.  Okay, we took a couple breaks and Marty did actually go to work today.  Ha!  We think we've got everything plumbed now, and are down to one tiny leak that we're just going to "hope" stops itself (it does happen!)

I had a bunch of eBay auctions end yesterday too, so had to get them all packed up and shipped out.  What a busy few days it's been, but we have water in our new kitchen now! I got the laundry caught up, and Marty & Clay installed my dishwasher after supper ~ the first load is running now.

Anyhow, things are looking great tonight, we'll see how tomorrow goes. ~ Past my bedtime now, Nighty Night!

kdfrawg

Joanna, you guys really know how to have fun.  ;o)

Yup, those liitle leaks sometimes cure themselves when the plumbing is new. When it's old, little leaks usually turn into bigger ones. It is just the perverse nature of the universe that causes things like that, I guess. Well, that and minerals in the water bonding with the clean pipe material in the leak so that the little tiny hole gets completely plugged.  ;o)

Jo McDonald

Do you have to say a "plug the leaky hole" prayer ?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Quote from: kdfrawg on June 19, 2007, 08:44:24 PM
LOL! Janet, I think that I am as delighted by it as you are! It comes across in just about every word how happy you are to get back to work. I'm very glad it is going well. Somehow, I think that you pretty much always do well at whatever you try.

Yup, I do.

;D

Again, my head is going to get larger than it already is, but tell me more, more, more.  ha ha  Thanks, kdfrawg, for the compliment.

kdfrawg

I just call them as I see them, Janet.

;)

Teresa

You need to put your glasses back on then..  :-\

:)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

ROFL!

Some days this place just cracks me up!

:laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk