Howard rocks for sale on ebay.

Started by Marcia Moore, June 04, 2007, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

Quote from: SnakeHater on June 14, 2007, 03:09:14 PM
Here are some neat Pictures from the fair in 1908 on sale in Ebay as well.

Those are indeed outstanding photos. I'll bet the county historical society would be happy to have them but can't afford them.

On another subject, thinking about rocks becoming valuable, the rocks that I would really like to see rise in value are the ones in my head.

:-\

Teresa

Those are wonderful pictures!
I love old stuff like that!

Did you see how many people were in the grand stands at the fair grounds?
wow!

Wouldn't it just be the coolest if we could once again have that much interest in the fair?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

County fairs and state fairs are some of the best times that can be had by all. Every one of them contains an incredible mix of people from all walks of life, all enjoying the same thing. Wander by and look at the livestock. Have an ear of deep-fried corn. Study all the photos in the photography contest. Gulp down a funnel cake. Go to the rodeo. Inhale some cotton candy. Have a blast at the demolition derby. And so it goes.

I've been fortunate to attend a lot of fairs and enjoyed them all. I am particularly fond of the Douglas County fair here, where I know a lot of the older kids that have been doing 4-H forever and every five minutes you run into somebody that you or your family knows. The fair in San Francisco County was so surreal it was fun. They had it at the old Presidio army base on top of the big hill overlooking the golden gate. That where I learned that the Zen Center in San Francisco made the best croissants in the world and where every fifty feet or so there was a life-size cut-out cardboard cow, because they don't have any cows in The City.

I'm looking forward to making some new fair memories this year...

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk