Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Ah, Kjelletta.  I forgot you were still around.  I really thought your brother would have put you on a plane back to Norway.  Where on earth have you been?  And, no.  You cannot join the posse.  We have secrets that we can't tell and you would run back to your twin and tell everything.  We will just continue to bring you gifts.  Love you a little.  Ta Ta

Rudy Taylor

Sarah Sponda, retta setta setta,
Shotgun kjell --- etta, etta etta.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Yep, need that poetry thread. Rudy, what has become of our Kermit? Is he away?

Rudy Taylor

But I'm afraid the creation of a poetry thread would bring up the subjects
of feet and meter.  Then I'd have to drop out.

The stuff I write can't be considered poetry, certainly not like Diane's.  Her
every word is measured, always so nicely balanced.

I write like I walk, frequently bouncing off the walls in an effort to stay vertical.

Jo McDonald

Good morning all,
It is a wonderful cool morning over here in Montgomery County...
  While Fred went to town to buy our Sunday papers - I started breakfast and then had a call from our Sherri -- visited with her and Curt - now that is a wonderful way to start a day.
Then we saw 6 deer, three mamas and three fawns, mosey around just southeast of your 5th wheel --- after they went out of sight -- here came 8 wild turkeys and they played for a while, then, they too, went on to another playground.  Fred and I both truly enjoy this over here - but wish the park could be opened up to the public --- it gets pretty quiet with no traffic in and out.  But it will be opened as soon as all the facilities are up and running again as they will have to be in order to meet all standards.  But as long as we can gaze lovingly into one another's eyes, I guess we will make it. Sighhhhhhh :o :o ???
  Enough of that malarkey   lol
  I wish you all a blessed day - full of love,  laughter and many blessings.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Again, I am asking for prayers for a friend of mine that I worked with in law enforcement.

Tim Holsinger, a Kansas Bureau of Investigation agent, was in a motorcycle accident coming back from the big bike rally that goes on in Sturgis.  Here is his story:  On Saturday August 11, 2007 Tim was in a motorcycle accident on I-90 in South Dakota while heading home from Sturgis Rally. A Red pickup Truck towing a camper was using evasive manuvers to avoid a car whose tire had blown . A car was tail gating the trailer and as they tried to move into the next lane at the same time the car then clipped the back of the trailer and caused it to jack-knife resulting in a mile long traffic jam. Tim could not get stopped in time to avoid stopped traffic, so he moved to next lane then shoulder where he lost control of the motorcycle and slid 50 feet. He was taken to Phillips then life flighted to Rapid City.

Tim is now in a Wichita hospital where he improves every day, but is still in a drug-induced coma for healing.  Nothing I have read talks about any broken bones.  I do know he has had surgery on his brain, so it is my belief that he mostly has brain trauma.  He apparently still has his sense of humor as he agrees with family when they ask if he is bored with them talking to him all the time.

Tim and his wife, Trina, are very devout Christians.  They are in need of our prayers, so I am asking that you lift the Holsingers up to God, asking Him for the healing of Tim's body and the strength this family needs to get through this situation.  Tim has been a deputy sheriff for Labette County, is currently a KBI Agent, and goes around the United States teaching about meth labs.  He is a dear friend to many, many people.

Here is a song that his wife put on a website about Tim, a song that she remembered while traveling to Wichita to be with her husband.  It is called "I WILL PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM"

I was sure by now, that You would have reached down, and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.  But once again I say amen that it's still raining.  And as the thunder rolls, I barely hear you whisper through the rain, I'm with you.  And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands to praise the God who gives and takes away.

I will praise You in this storm, I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am.  You never left my side, even tough my heart is torn.  I will praise You in this storm.  I remember when I stumbled in the wind.  You heard my cry.  You raised me up again.  My strength is almost gone.  How can I carry on if I can't find You.

And as the thunder rolls, I barely hear You whisper through the rain, I'm with you.  And as Your mercy falls, I raise my hands to praise the God who gives and takes away.  I will praise You in this storm.  I will lift my hands for You are who You are, no matter where I am.  You never left my side, even though my heart is torn.  I will praise You in this storm.  I lift my eyes unto the hills.  Where does my help come from.  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth.

(My words.)  I have never heard this song, but maybe some of you have.  I hope you at least enjoy the message.  Thank you for your prayers for Tim and his family.

Diane Amberg

But if he was awake and talking at some point, that is a very good sign. I would like to think he was wearing his helmet. Usually when the biker lays down the bike and slides, it's pretty hard on the downside leg but the slide absorbs a lot of the motion. Prayers for him and his family for sure.

Diane Amberg

Rudy, your poetry IS poetry in its own right. Call it free verse, which really has no rules and you are home free. The meter and rhyme doesn't have to be exact, it just has to be pleasing. Or try some simple Haiku that usually doesn't rhyme.   
                                           Ink upon the page
                                           Lifts our souls into the air.
                                           Words mean the heart sings.       

Joanna

Janet, thanks for the information on Tim Holsinger.  I worked with him at the Labette County Sheriff's Department for several years; and know him to be a very dedicated law enforcement officer.  I'll certainly add him and his family to my prayers.

Rudy Taylor

If I can get some basic facts, I'll write a little story about Tim for our Labette County papers this week.
And, yes, I'll add a prayer, too.

Diane, you're such a personal booster.  Thank you.

And, Janet, I've never met anyone who has a more caring, sensitive heart than you do. You've found
the right place to work. I know you're not getting rich and it's a long drive each day, but you're exactly
where you're supposed to be.  Few people ever find that niche for themselves, did you know that?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk