Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

And for my sake, keep that white stuff. If it snows around Christmas time, that will be plenty for me.
Gee, I hate to think of winter. I never did warm up last year until we had the 100+ days, then it was
a little to much. I have really enjoyed this longer fall. Stay safe...........and have a great day.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

W. Gray

Thanks Frank, the sky is dark and it is raining a cold rain. That rain should soon turn to snow.

I got the place winterized this morning, unhooking the hoses and draining the sprinkler system.

Since, I no longer work, I really enjoy the deep stuff since I do not have to go out in it. But then I have to sympathize with those who have to shovel out and fight their way to work.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Jo McDonald

Tuesday morning in Howard, KS...snow coming down - wind blowing  ~~STRESSFUL ~~~~

Levels of stress:

You pick up a hitchhiker, a beautiful girl. Suddenly she faints inside your car and you take her to hospital. Now that's stressful.

But at the hospital, they say she is pregnant and congratulate you that you are going to be a father.

You say that you are not the father, but the girl says you are. This is getting very stressful,

So then...you request a DNA test to prove that you are not the father. After the tests are completed, the doctor says that you are infertile, and probably have been since birth. You are extremely stressed but relieved.

On your way back home, you think about your THREE KIDS at home.

NOW THAT'S STRESS!!

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

larryJ

How funny!  Thanks Jo.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Ms Bear

larryJ

When I got up this morning to do my morning ritual of going to get my granddaughter ready for school, I took a quick look at the forum.  I noted that the temperature, always posted at the top, was -11 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   How can anyone live like that?  Please stay inside unless you absolutely have to go out, and fire up the heater.  That is just way too cold for anyone.

Larryj

jarhead

Larry,
Where did they have a warm, balmy -11 degrees ? Longton was a cool minus 19 !!!

larryJ

It says Howard. 

I'm reminded of my youthful days living in the mountains of Wyoming.  When I got dressed in the morning, I put on a t-shirt, a regular long-sleeve shirt, a wool shirt, Long Johns, a pair of Levi's, a pair of wool pants, two pairs of wool socks and water resistant boots, and that was just to go into the kitchen for breakfast.  To go outside required a parka with a fur-lined hood, a pair of wool gloves and a pair of water-resistant mittens.  I really feel for you having all that cold weather.

Larryj

frawin

Jarhead, Bartlesville had Minus 27 degrees and Minus 34 Windchill.
Quote from: jarhead on February 10, 2011, 12:16:42 PM
Larry,
Where did they have a warm, balmy -11 degrees ? Longton was a cool minus 19 !!!

frawin

I think the plumbers are covered up with broken water lines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk