Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

I do remember the Tamarack bush.  We had to go pick our switch.  It made you want to be good.  Believe it was good for us.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Wilma

When my brother's sons were little they had misbehaved in some manner that their mother thought their father should take care of the punishment.  The punishment was to be a paddling, but he didn't have a paddle.  So the boys had to sit and watch him make a paddle and listen to him talk (my brother can talk a rattlesnake out of striking) about the paddle all the while he was making it.  The anticipation of the paddling was much worse than the actual action.  The boys were more careful about their misdeeds after that.

Janet Harrington

Well, I had never heard that before.  That had to be Uncle Dale because he just talks and talks and talks and talks and talks........

Jo McDonald

Hello and good afternoon all~~~  I am here in the Gatehouse booth at Elk City State Park -- my shift runs to 4 PM today and it is quite as it can be.  We had another 2 1/2 inches of rain again last night --- lots of noisy thunder and bright flashes of lightening.--- The flood gates have been open for a week and the lake level is just now down to normal, but the debris on the water and the shore line is horrible --- it is going to be a lot of work to get the primitive area of the campground cleaned up.  The die hard fishermen have been hauling out the big cat fish   a 40 # and several 15 to 20 's  this past week.   My poor flowers are trying to keep their pretty heads up, but the rain is just pounding them, I dehead them twice a day to keep their spirits up, poor little things. 
Can you tell, I talk to my flowers and cherish them.  We have a lot of compliments on the way we keep our camping space --- Fred is a dedicated "keeper-upper"
  Just wanted to pop in and say Hi.....   Y'all have a happy day.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

I wish I never become a flower that is tended by Jo because I wouldn't want to lose one of my heads twice a day. ha ha

Jo McDonald

hahahaha   you would if your head was all mushy and droopy  and turned brown/nasty--- get rid of the hateful thing and make room for a pretty head.   MOVE OVER UGLY - GET READY FOR BEAUTIFUL !!!1
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

;D ;D glad you explained that.  I was worried when you said you "behead them twice a day to keep their spirits up".  Thot maybe my spirits needed lifting a bit, but think I'll pass  :D  In the pic that Teresa posted, your lawn and flowers are very pretty
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Don't be knocking Jo's deadheading, Janet.  That is what you were doing to my coreopsis yesterday whether you knew it or not.

Teresa

Yeah Janet... Don't be a know it all knock-headed de-headed nit-wit!  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Momma and momma Jo,

See how Ms. T treats me every chance she gets.  She is so mean to me.  I, however; would never say such a thing like that to her.  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk