Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Diane it is a 175,000BPD refinery, in comparison the ExxonMobil, Baytown Texas Refinery is 557,000 BPD, ExxonMobil Baton Rouge, LA is 503,000,the smallest refinery in the top 11 is ConocoPhillips, Wood River, IL at 306,000 BPD.

Judy Harder

Well, I know it is past morning, but figured I had better check in and tell you how
much fun I am having with Bob and Bonnie Mustoe back here for the holiday and reunion.

Have had the best time visiting and catching up......and just enjoying watching them re-connect
with people that they know.....and I do believe that they know "everyone" that ever grew up here
in Elk County and I am blessed to call them friends.

I am finally going to get to keep score for the last home game for girls softball this afternoon.
School is out, but they have a game with Burden that starts at 5.

Still kind of soggy around the area, but sun and wind is letting the ball field dry out and the game is on.

My car (or lack of repair) is still up in the air.. I am praying that something happen..........I just can't find my own answer
so God must have plans for me.......NOW, if I could just understand His reason.

Oh well............I just read a Psalm this morning that I am taking to heart........it reads;
My soul finds rest in God alone;
My Salvation comes from Him!........Psalm 62:1

Be well all and God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

sixdogsmom

Well, this week-end was happy/sad for me. The good news is we had great weather, and the sale went well on Saturday. As always, some things did not sell as expected, and some things brought much more. I am happy to have it over and done except for a certain amount of clean-up. On a sad note, yesterday would have been Ted and my wedding anniversary. I have sure had a rough time seeing these old cars go of his. The old 'go' dog heard the pickup start this morning and thought sure that Ted was out there waiting for him to go for a ride or to work.  :'( Now I need to clean up my house and get on with life. I still have bedding plants to put out as I had to stop with that project when all this came up. And laundry and more laundry  :P :P.
Edie

Diane Amberg

Aw shucks, ya made me tear up. I'm so sorry. I just can't imagine....Speaking of bedding plants, that coleus you gave me wintered over very nicely in my dining room. It will go back out on the deck soon.

Mom70x7

Diane - you said
QuoteI find just the idea of earthquakes unsettling.

Yes, they are!  :D  :D  :D

Diane Amberg

Wilma

They do kind of unsettle one, don't they?

frawin

Our Daughter lives in Signal Hill which is right next to Long Beach, she called right after it happened and said it was not a very big Earthquake and did not do any damage to the building her Condo is in. They don't seem to bother her but they really worry us. I am hoping to get her back to Texas before long.

dnalexander

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 18, 2009, 01:11:05 PM
Well, this week-end was happy/sad for me. The good news is we had great weather, and the sale went well on Saturday. As always, some things did not sell as expected, and some things brought much more. I am happy to have it over and done except for a certain amount of clean-up. On a sad note, yesterday would have been Ted and my wedding anniversary. I have sure had a rough time seeing these old cars go of his. The old 'go' dog heard the pickup start this morning and thought sure that Ted was out there waiting for him to go for a ride or to work.  :'( Now I need to clean up my house and get on with life. I still have bedding plants to put out as I had to stop with that project when all this came up. And laundry and more laundry  :P :P.

Edie, I can only imagine how tough that was for you. I just want you to know that way out here in California and everywhere else our "little" forum reaches there are people that care about you. I feel I know you and Ted, though, I never met either of you. Thank you for being a friend and sharing your life with us.

Love,
David

Tobina+1

Well, even though it's afternoon, I thought I'd post a bit here.  The last few days on the forum has been unsettling for me.  I usually come here throughout my day to get a break from all the "fire fighting" I have to do with customers, and to get a taste of some home-town friendliness.  Lately, though, I feel like with all the nit-picking, arguing, and putting each other down (EVEN ON THE COFFEE SHOP section!) I'm better off staying away!  I wonder what has caused everyone to be so unfriendly and paranoid that people are only on here to gripe towards each other?  I mean, people have even dug up OLD threads and re-complained about them!  I thought maybe the long spell of dreary wet weather, but the sun has been shining for a couple days and I don't see any more cheer.  It seems that the only place people agree is when we're talking about birds!   :)

So, here I am to talk about some fun things... This last weekend I had my annual birthday weiner roast.  Unfortunately, since the creek and pasture were too muddy, we had to have it in the yard, but still was a great time!  Quite a few friends and family showed up, even with graduation celebrations going on!  We had weiners over a fire, smores, and homemade ice cream (peach and vanilla)!  The weather turned out beautiful, and the coolness just kept us close to the fire as the evening wore on.  I love weiner roasts down by the creek; it reminds me of all the fun times we had at home when I was a kid (even though our creeks were dry).  I got some pretty hanging baskets from my mom for my birthday and a HUGE hanging basket from my brother for my mother-to-be mother's day gift!  My brother also made me some shelves in my garage so I can start going through closets and putting stuff in tubs and storing them in the garage (gotta make room for baby stuff!).  We took my nephew down to the creek yesterday morning, and even though the water was cool, he loved it!  I had got him some fun cow rubber boots earlier in the spring, and this was his first time to wear them.  They got a little muddy, but added to the "farm" experience.
I also finally got some stuff planted in my garden, although with the wind they didn't fare too well.  I have a few things left in the house that I raised from seeds, so I'll probably go back out and re-plant this afternoon (and protect them better, this time).  I'm getting hungry for tomatoes and cucumbers and eggplant!
Well, I hope everyone has a GOOD day and takes time to SMILE a bit.  Might not hurt to give someone a compliment, either, in this ever-negative world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk