Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

My garden is for, not of noses. ;D    Lilacs, Wisteria, Magnolias, Lily of the Valley, Carolina Sweet Shrub and a few late scented Daffys. They are all tuned up this morning and my yard smells wonderful.

sixdogsmom

I was just outside sitting on the porch step sorting through papers from Teds' old Saturn. The Sweet Dames' Rocket and Sweet William there are going strong, and the bumble bees are loving it. The first ones I have seen this year. My lawn is knee high also,  :P.
Edie

larryJ

Lilacs, Wisteria, Magnolias, Lily of the Valley, Carolina Sweet Shrub and a few late scented Daffys. They are all tuned up this morning and my yard smells wonderful

Nope, I think you were right the first time.  Nose garden!!!!!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Joanna

I think  her lips are still numb from the dentist Wilma.  :angel:  It'll wear off soon ;D

Wilma

Diane's right, you know.  Ladies used to have a section they called a nose garden.  The only thing I have blooming now that has much fragrance is iris and one little yellow rose, the old fashioned kind with the many, many stickers.

Diane Amberg

I've got Iris that have huge buds that may add to the perfume tomorrow....And Joanne is right!  :laugh:

Sherri

Good Morning everyone:

It has been ages since I have taken the time to write anything on the forum.  It doesn't seem I have any time to even sit long enough to read things here.  Mama keeps me informed on things when I talk to her.  Mowing season is here again and wow do I have a lot to mow now.  We are moving hopefully in June or July and so we not only have our 8 acres we mow now but we now have 3 lots that our home is going to go on to mow.  Our lots are a little bigger than a football field so most evening and every weekend my fat behind is on the mower.  Curt has all the school, football field, and baseball fields to mow so I guess that is our life right now.  The rain is about to drive me insane but I hate to complain to much as I know we will be begging for it in August.  But I would like to see a little bit of sunshine just to lift my spirits.  It rained again this morning but I think that perhaps Wed and Thursday are suppose to be hot and no rain so hopefully we will see the sun.  If it does, I hopefully can take off work in the afternoon and mow. We mowed the lots on Sunday evening and last night I mowed all the irrigated part of the lawn and Curt got the school mowed.  So he has all the ball fields to do and I have the 7 acres to do around the house and then we can start over.  Work has been crazy due to budget cuts and all that but we take one day at time.  I have lost two employees in the last month but thankfully I have been allowed to backfill.  I am only short one but just until May 26th and then I will once again be fully staffed.  That is truly a blessing and I can say that I have excellent employees.  They work so hard and I do appreciate them a lot.

Well, back to the grind.  Just wanted to say good morning and I hope you all have a great soggy day. 

Sherri
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

frawin

Hello Sherri, do you know Paul and Barbara Dean, Paul lives at Greensburg . He is a lifelong friend and one of my favorite people, if you know him and/or see him tell him hello from us.
Frank and Myrna Winn

Sherri

Frank:

I do not know them but I am sure my best friend here does.  She has lived here for 30 years.  I will tell her to tell them hello for you.

Sherri
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Diane Amberg

I don't know if any of you watch Oprah, but some of our kids from Christiana High School are supposed to be on today. We have two local High schools, Newark High and Christiana High.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk