Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

If I am remembering correctly, the buffalo's name was Buddy.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

LOL! I didn't ask him his name!  ;D ;D
Edie

greatguns

I believe it was Buddy Heaton that rode the buffalo in the parade.

greatguns

Yes, it was Buddy Heaton and he was also a rodeo clown.  The buffalo's name was Old Grunter (stage name was Clyde).  The IMPORTANT information I  can remember. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

W. Gray

Yes, the rider was Harold L. "Buddy" Heaton.

He is in the Kansas Cowboy Hall of Fame.

Something seems to remind me or something seems to be sparking my elder memory that a good many people were impressed by the buffalo and rider act--but John F. Kennedy was not.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Happy Sunday. Hope you all remembered to push your clocks ahead....and check those smoke detector batteries too.
I know the politics is flying hot and heavy, but as for me, I haven't bought any new guns yet but I might buy stock in gun and ammunition manufacturers as well as Mc Donalds. ;D  The electricity is still on 24 hours a day, I have all the clean, safe water I can use all the time, the phone works, the TV has more channels than I can watch. I can heat or cool my house as long as I can afford it. My seed order came yesterday and nobody stole it before it got here. The grocery store still has food. I can still find fuel for my car, as much as I can afford. My friends threw a game dinner and we pigged out on venison, duck, Canada Goose, Snow Goose, pheasant, Chukar and game hens. My house has been paid for since 1991. in spite of stock losses, I still have money in the bank. I ignore "The End is Near" and make dinner anyway. I have lots of friends. Family, not so much.( My brother in law's 8 year old Airedale dropped dead in the snow a few days ago, very sad.)  You all sent us some nice warm weather so I turned the heat off and opened up the house. A-H-H!  Times are tough for some folks who have lost their jobs and homes, and it will get worse before it gets better. But it will get better. Count your blessings.

sixdogsmom

Edie

Wilma

greatguns

Diane how wonderful to hear something nice. 8) 8)

Tobina+1

I agree; it's important to focus on the POSITIVE during these times.  Well, really during ANY times, in my opinion.  Not much change made, steps forward, or new ideas from people who think negative.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk