Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Good election day to you all. We went at about 10:00. No lines, no wait, no problems. Our area always always has a big turnout so there were plenty of voting booths. It was nice to see a lot of young people there working, not just us old fogies. ( in honor of the Phillies, that's phogies) Have a great day everyone.

Joanna

Morning folks! 
We had a great weekend, had our Thanksgiving get-together on Saturday and got to spend TONS of time holding our grandboy Aiden.  He's 2 months old now, but don't think he's going to be walking in time to get him a pedal tractor for Christmas  ;)... Have to think of something else for now  :angel:
I don't like the cold weather, but there's nothing I can do about it so I guess I'll just look forward to Spring now for a few months.
Marty warmed the car for me, so I guess I don't have any excuse to stay longer. 
Stay warm friends!

This is Clay holding his nephew Aiden.  They promise to be best buds!

Teresa

Clay sure looks like Marty.
It is an adorable picture... :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

It isn't morning-- but mid afternoon on Friday.  Yesterday Fred had an appointment with the cardiologist office - I say that because he was seen by an LPN that he had never seen before and for some reason or another she kinda got on the wrong side of me - and when she started writing 'scripts for Fred and changing his meds, that really secured her positoin ( on the wrong side, that is ), but his blood work and his EKG came back great.  Then today we saw the PA that has been with the surgeon Dr.Tavares , for 28 years.. and she is great with a capital G.  Fred has come full circle toward recovery.  What a glowing report he received  -- she told him that his home therapy has been upgraded -- from leg lifts- ankle circles - vigorous breathing exercises - and increased walking each day to, now get this....he is supposed to fold a flat bed sheet - by holding his arms and hands high above his head to keep the sheet off the floor and fold it up to a small flat square - lay it on the counter and then a little later I am to pick it up - shake it out and he is to do it again **five times a day.  AND he is to take a large bath towel, hold it straight out in front of him and fold it and repeat the sheet process **five times a day. LOL  He is to do this for 5 days.  Also peel potatoes - reach up and get his coffee cup from the cupboard  pour his own coffee - make his own sandwich (if he has one) and wash dishes by hand.  And he has been doing all of this except the dishes and potatoes, for a few days now, so he is now released from the surgeon's care.  Yippppeeee!!  He has lost 15 pounds and looks and feels really well. So I have my honey on the road to feeling like he is supposed to feel, and we are so blessed.
  Thanks for all of your concerns and prayers... Family and friends are the best of the best.
Jo alnd Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

What great news to hear that Fred is doing so well with his recovery!  It certainly gives you a lot to be thankful for during this holiday season, doesn't it?  Keep up the good work, Fred, and Jo, you must have been doing a great job of being "the nurse".  Happy Holidays to you both!

Karen I.

Mom70x7

And you get your sheets and towels folded!  :D  :D  :D

greatguns

Jo, I am so happy all is going so well with you and Fred.  What a wonderful Christmas blessing it is for you and all your family.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Bonnie M.

"Also peel potatoes - reach up and get his coffee cup from the cupboard  pour his own coffee - make his own sandwich (if he has one) and wash dishes by hand."

Jo, what a great Dr. (or PA) you have!  It is really good news that Fred is doing so well.  It's been quite an eventful past few weeks, hasn't it?  Are you to the point now that you can actually "relax?"  I hope so.

Take care,

Love 'ya,
Bonnie & Bob
Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

Merry Christmas  Fred and Jo.  So great to hear everthing is going well.

Diane Amberg

Hi all. It is really cold here, and in Kansas too I'm sure. Things are starting to jump here in preparation for next Tuesday's inauguration doings. Our fire fighters in Delaware will be in the Washington parade, some 400 strong with the Smyrna Fire Company Band leading the way. Al and I could have been part of the 10 representing Newark, but I 'm not sure that I have the stamina anymore for that long of a day. The Delaware buses leave for DC at 3:00 AM on Tuesday. The 300 member UD Marching Band will be there, as well as DSU's Marching Band, and the wonderful AI DuPont High School Marching Band too. 4 bands representing little Delaware. What a thrill! The inaugural train will be coming here on Saturday and stopping in Wilmington and then passing through Newark on the way south. Our fire company, along with others, has assigned posts along the track in case anything goes wrong along the way. It's fun that we are getting to be a part of all this. I know all the repubs. won't be interested, but it is history after all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk