Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Thank you David for the links. These are things that every American should know.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Good morning forum.  Day started early for me.  Knowing I have a very difficult day ahead of me, I guess.  I pray to God that he will guide my fingers and my brain and keep me focused this morning.  I shall be playing both the organ and piano for the funeral of Jean Harris.  Her oldest daughter, as many of you know, is very very close to me.  It will be hard, but I will do this for Billie.  Hope you all have a very pleasant day doing the things you love to do and that Wilma gets her sewing maching cleaned off AGAIN.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Good afternoon.. So far so good...
Got lots of work to do and I don't believe I have enough hours to day to get it all done..oh well.. dat's da way da ball bounces sometimes. :D

I want you all to have a great weekend.. and stay safe and take some time to relax~~~

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Teresa, that is so cute  :D

Diane Amberg

Teresa, are they your apprentices?  :laugh:         So Flo, how did things go at the funeral? I was thinking about you all.

flo

Things went fine Friday.  No too many wrong notes, I hope.  Beautiful morning this morning.  Have food cooking and after my shower I'm off to Fredonia to a family reunion. (one of many during the year).  I won't know too many at this one (it's cousins on my mother's side known as the "Parker" reunion), but it means a lot to my aunt whom I'll meet at Tripco and ride over with.  Have a great day my forum friends.  Enjoy whatever it is you like to do.

heather_tyler_2014

Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Joanna

Morning Elk County!  What a beautiful day it is!  I got the trash to the curb and will have to go out and sort my recyclables later (It's not recycling week, but I try to keep it caught up on Fridays.)

Marty went out last night & picked a bunch of okra.  I think most of it is too big though.  Don't matter to me... I'm not going to eat it!  For anyone who knows, should I blanch it first, or just slice & freeze it?

Last night we had the summer squash casserole that Diane shared the recipe for.  It was fabulous!  Sorry I didn't call you Jo, but we didn't eat till 10 last night and I didn't think you could get over here before I went to bed.  I'm surprised I got to eat before I went to bed  ;)

I think I'll try Bonnie's recipe tonight.  Our week has been eventful and I didn't even make supper the other night when I had planned to make ZUCCHINI & GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE.  The only trouble is I'm going to have to make something different for Clay.  He absolutely does not like squash, and I can't blame him because when he was little I told him it was nasty. Many times I told him that ...Some deep scar from visiting my aunt & having fried squash everyday for 2 weeks one summer...

Today is Marty's Uncle Jack Hunter's birthday.  I'm sending a card to him in Bella Vista with a picture of the house.  He originally bought it in the 40's when he was going off to war, so his family would have a home.  I'm sure it looks different now.  It's also Brother Alan's birthday today.  And their sister Janette is in town for a short visit this week.  Busy times!  Enjoy your day folks!

frawin

Joanna, my family lived on the River in the 30s and 40s close to Hunters and JB and family and my folks and family were good friends, Jack was the same age as one of  my older brothers and they were good friends, both went off to WWII I think around the same time. Jack was always a neat guy, the last I knew I think he lived around Abilene and was maybe a State Farm agent. Glad to see he has moved to an area that he obviously wanted to enjoy in retirement.
Frank Winn

Diane Amberg

Joanna, blanch your okra 3-4 min. or 5 min. if it's big, chill until cold when you bite it, then freeze. I like them no more than 3" long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk