Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Good Monday morning!  Feels good to be sitting in my chair this morning... especially after my busy weekend!  You can see my weekend "project" below.  Although I used the skid loader, my back feels like I lifted every one of those rocks by hand!  I think from all the bouncing around and tensing up trying to figure out how to fit that puzzle together.  It got quite humorous at one time; one rock fell off the wall 3 times while I was trying to put it up there.  You'd think I'd get the picture that it didn't FIT there!  But it all came out good; and sturdy.  And I even got the backfill in and planted buffalograss seed!  Might be a little early, but felt good to top it off with those seeds!
I also found time to snap a shot of little kitty Tilly!  Yes, she has no tail; she's a mynx (is that right?).  While
Biscuit (the dog) and Flop (the other cat) were busy all weekend following me around catching everything that moved under every rock I lifted up... Tilly was busy sleeping on the lawn mower in the garage.  Oh, to be a cat.

Devyn-Leann

Tobina, I LOVE your rock wall! It looks beautiful! My flower beds are made with flat rocks from a rock fence that borders Billy's parent's land. It is neat!

Yes Wilma, I'm sorry, that was our smoke. The wind switched directions on the boys when they were burning and my house got filled with smoke too. I had my north window open in my dining room and realized smoke was making its way in so I had to hurry and shut it.

The weather shows we might be in for some wicked weather tonight, so I hope we all stay safe. Lane and I are off to Fechter Pet Care. Our big dog, Doc, has some sort of grass jammed in the lens of his eye so we've got to get it out! He's an australian shepherd so he has one blue eye, and it happens to be in that eye. I hope she can get it out, as he is in so much pain. Hope you all have a great day!

Tobina+1

Thanks, Devyn!  Yes, all my flower beds are made from flat rocks, too.  I was able to salvage the rocks from all the flower beds that Liz made when she lived in the old house.  The house doesn't have gutters yet, so the rocks help keep the ground from eroding along the drip-lines.  That's a lot of hard work, too; hauling those flat rocks and then stacking them just right.  And then filling the beds with dirt!  But if you're like me; you forget all the hard work once you see the finished project!

Wilma

You young women remind me of the days that I hauled rocks from the pasture to make a retaining wall.  I hauled them in the little red wagon and my 2 little girls went along.  Couldn't haul a lot at one time, but then I had more time than anything else.  Somewhere I have a black and white picture of the wall with the flowers that I planted.  No color film in those days.

D-L, I didn't mind the smoke.  It is just part of living here.  When I look out to the hills west of me I wonder if I am living in the Black Hills.  Won't be long and they will be green again.

Devyn-Leann

The fields we burned last week are already greening up. Billy brought home a few deer antlers last night he'd found. I decorate with them.

We made a retaining wall with railroad ties. And, honestly, I picked the rocks, and Billy did all the hauling and putting them where I wanted. I was just the director!

Tobina+1

That's why I learned to run the skidloader MYSELF.  My rock-hauling grunt wouldn't listen to my directing...   ::)
Now he just comes home in the evenings and says, "Wow, that looks good, dear!" and we get along just dandy.

Devyn-Leann

Well, Lane is off to his first day of pre school on this cold and windy Wednesday. I already miss him and I know when I get home from work the house will be awfully quiet.  :-\

Teresa

Everyone always told me that the first one and the last one was the hardest..
Well  hells katoot!..........I only had 2..  which gave me a first one and a last one :'(

I cried when both boys started kindergarten. Derek hung on to me and bawled..Begged me to stay with him...
Danny hugged me tight and told me.." Don't cry Mama, you will be okay after you get back home...."
( I was the one who was a mess.. he was just fine and loved school. ) :)

So I know how you feel. Hope his day was good and he liked it.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Devyn-Leann

Thank you Teresa...He did love it. When I got home it's all I could think about...Is he confused? Is he having fun? Is he going to make it home okay? He was fine. The bus dropped him off at about 4:20 out here at the end of the driveway and I was waiting (in the rain), for him. As soon as he climbed off the bus he was a chatterbox! And when his daddy got home I heard it all over again!! He told Billy he wanted to go back right now! I'm glad that he likes it, it makes me feel so much better. He is home today as he will only be going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. So, we are cleaning and then quilting today.

Thought about going to Independence to pick up some baby chicks but I think it will be a good day to stay in. Besides, the roads out here are extremely muddy - as you can imagine!

Judy Harder

good morning to all....It has been awhile since I came on to say Howdy and
I am feeling good and after my two mile walk this morning........think I will spend the
rest of the day reading and watching the gray sky and wondering how much more rain we
are going to get.  ( was suppose to do a ball game today, but only if they want to play Mud-Baseball!!!)

I walk out to the OLD Hichen creek bridge and the creek is running almost full bank in places.
And still coming up.

Then after picking up the mail I stopped in at the Senior Center to get blood pressure taken. It was really down low and my pulse rate was up......but with the 2 miles I figure that is good. I feel good and that is a good thing. (OH, I left Scooter home, he is too short to the ground and would have needed a bath when we got back....not a good idea today) when I leave him home I walk at a faster pace. Which is very good....but I feel it for a few hours after I am done.

My gauge had 2 inches of rain in it this morning and that was from 3 pm yesterday...or there abouts.
Our ground and sidewalks here at the Housing is a nasty mess.
Course the grass needs cutting in places and trash needs to be picked up again.
when it rains I think every piece of litter comes on the property.

That will give me something to do when it is done.

Hope you all have a great day.....stay dry and be well.
Hugs and God bless

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk