Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Well, thank you, Teresa!  Those are words a person doesn't hear every day!

And, thanks for changing the picture.  The other one was taken about 3 years ago, probably.

Thanks again.
Bonnie

Diane Amberg

I love your new photo Bonnie. :D

Judy Harder

Me, too Bonnie Looking good my friend.
WOO woo........

If you don't want to mess with it, just send it to me do you mean this????
Teresa I have a new picture that is too big to put on the forum I tried and they rejected it.
Do you want to do mine?.

I got a little tired of being gray and went reddish..........does make a difference.
I am pleased, for now.........may go dark next time......Nah...........I will go back to gray
one of these days, just not now.
AOYP
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

Changing your hair color has to be fun in a way, but Janet had changed hers so much she couldn't remember what is was supposed to be.  What she is now is really her.  The blond she used to be wasn't credible for a sheriff.

Bonnie M.

I'm glad you all "approve" of the picture!  I stopped putting color on my hair about a year and a half ago, and it actually took almost a year for it to be where it is now! 
Bonnie

frawin

Looks great Bonnie!  I understand about the color.  I, too, put a 6-week riinse on my hair for quite a long time.  The reason?  I was mid-thirties when our daughter was born.  One day when she was in lower grades, I went to pick her up from school.  She came out crying and I asked her why she was crying.  She said, "Mom, the teacher thought you were my grandmother".  Well,  I had had a serious illness and my hair started turning gray pretty fast, so that was the beginning of putting the rinse on my hair.  How tired I got of trying to make it look nice.  When our daughter left for college, I decided to let it go and do its own thing, I had earned all those gray hairs raising 3 kids!  Mine is similar to yours in color.  Actually, I had more gray in my hair than my mother for a long time.  I think we are both about the same as far as gray goes.  She'll be 90 this summer, and I'm not not quite there yet!

Myrna

Bonnie M.

Myrna, I think I started coloring my hair just because I didn't have any idea what it would look like, if it wasn't the same brown color that it had always been.  Also, for the past 20 years I've worked with people who are obviously much younger than I am, and I probably thought I would look younger, without gray hair.  I think it probably looked pretty bad for awhile, when I finally did quit adding color.  It took a long time for my hair to finally grow out "natural."  But, it happened, and, life goes on!
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

Hey~~Ms. Bonnie
   Your new profile picture looks wonderful.  "Course, I may be a tad bit bias in my thinking.   :laugh: :laugh:
I haven't been on the forum for so long and was surprised to see the "new YOU"  I like it, I like it, I like it !!!  And you are right, Tressy, my long time friend Bonnie is indeed a VERY pretty woman, inside and out.  The whole Truitt family was that same way, so she didn't dare be different.  lol
  i have been busier than a cranberry merchant trying to get ready for Thanksgiving.  So when I had time to get on the 'puter, I checked email and that was about all I had time for, and now, I can't even access my MSN account - so I have no idea how many emails are there.  This past week was my last week to work full time in the office...this is the time of year that all the reservations are in and the last of Feb and all of March, people will be returning to their summer homes, so the work load in the office is low.  I will be working Saturdays only until the end of March, then we will be heading north.  I will be camp host again this year at Elk City State Park.  Looking forward to that.  Eager to see our family again.  We are expecting our friends from Minnesota next week for about 10 days, and that will be fun.  We always have a fun time with them.
Well, gee whiz, I got on here and didn't have sense enough to stop -- Just wanted to tell my dear friend that I think her picture is wun-dun-der-full !!!!  Take care y'all !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Bonnie M.

Good to see your note, Jo.  I was thinking it had been quite a while since you had posted a message.  It will only be a couple of months before you're back in Kansas!  Times does fly by, doesn't it?  I'm glad you're working back at Independence, this summer,  we will MAKE IT A POINT to see you this year, when we're back there. 

Patsy and Larry are going to be staying at a Time Share at the L. Welk Resort out here, the last week in February, so we're looking forward to having them out this way.  We don't get to see them nearly often enough.  But, we do e-mail each other every day.  (Patsy and I, NOT Bob and Larry!)

Take Care!
Bonnie

Diane Amberg

Happy Saturday to all. I think my kitchen is just about finished. The back splash finally arrived and my tile guy did a very nice job installing it. So now I have almost new (last year) duraceramic tiles on the floor, granite tiles on the counters, under cabinet lighting, 3 new wall outlets and a limestone back splash that has little swirly designs and  slices of fossil seashells all through it. It's all earth tones, so I need to add some bright accessories so the kitchen doesn't look too brown. Al's color blind. He likes the kitchen because he knows what he sees is what it really is. Reds and greens look tan to him anyway. I try to use a good bit of blue because he can see it. When we're cleaned up I'll send photos.
     I'm off to the fire house soon for a kids tour and fire safety lesson with a birthday cake chaser. It's a little guy's 5th birthday and he wanted to see fire trucks. The basement at station 9 is perfect. It's old and looks like a basement, so a bunch of little boys can't hurt it. There are plenty of tables and chairs so it will be perfect. I do several of these a year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk